Blue tint at edges of iPad mini retina... possibly..

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by samn, Apr 18, 2014.

1. samn, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014

samn macrumors newbie

I keep seeing this blue tint at the edge of my iPad's screen, a few mm wide. It's most noticeable on the top edge by the camera, and especially against the grey of the keyboard. I can't see it at all on the bottom edge. Sometimes I'll look at it really close and be unable to tell if it's there or not, but when I switch back to reading I can see the vignetting out the corners of my eye. It's only visible at medium brightness settings. Nobody in my family can tell it's there. Am I going crazy? :(

edit - I just tried to take photos, blue tint doesn't show up at all.

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I'm just wondering why, if you have to work so hard to see the (possible) imperfection, it is a source of concern? :)

3. samn thread starter macrumors newbie

When I'm not working hard to see it, I can see it easily. If that makes sense...

4. Buddygor macrumors regular

Take it back to the Apple store. If you can't, then most stores should refund it if the tint is more than barely imperceptible.

5. samn thread starter macrumors newbie

I think it's likely they'll turn me away and I don't think I could bear the embarrassment. Thanks anyway.

6. laudern macrumors 6502a

Embarrassment?

You go in there and say "Yo bitch my iPad needs replacin, you hearing me? Now GTFO the back and get me a new one"