Blue tooth icon doesn't show?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lonman06, Nov 9, 2011.

1. lonman06 macrumors regular

So, I do not have a blue tooth device hooked up to my 4s, but I have noticed when I do turn bluetooth on I can only see it in the top bar in the one screen where I enable it. When I leave that screen (with bluetooth on) the bluetooth icon is gone from the top bar. Is this a bug or does anyone else have this as well?:confused:

2. Strawbis macrumors newbie

I believe you need to pair it with something before it shows on the home page task bar! until then, it doesn't show.

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

Not true. It should and does display regardless of whether it is paired/connected with a device. It has to as its there to indicate that the Bluetooth is on.

4. Strawbis, Nov 9, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011

Strawbis macrumors newbie

errr ...do you actually own a 4S? I ask because if you did, you'd know that what Ionman06 posted is indeed a fact, not speculation! I noticed the same thing before pairing my devices. It doesn't show if it's never been paired with a device! once a device has been paired it will show on the home page task bar whenever it's switched on, regardless of whether it's connected or not.

The only proof required is for the O\P to pair a device and post the results, at which time you can edit your signature ..or you can remove any paired devices on your 4S and probably get the same result. :p