Bluetooth and iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lotus8, Oct 26, 2012.

1. lotus8 macrumors member

lotus8

I have read numerous issues of people having connectivity issues with the iPhone 5 and bluetooth devices, specially in their car. For some reason, my car bluetooth after a few attempts connected with my phone, and now it shows as a saved bluetooth device.

However, it will not for the life of me connect to either my Bose ear piece, or wireless Bose bluetooth speaker. I've tried restarting all, the whole nine yards. Nothing. I don't want to do the usual 'restore' feature, in fear of losing at least the connection to my car.

Anyone had any success fixing this? I know the iOS6 software update on my old iPhone 4s worked totally fine with all bluetooth devices. I know the hardware is different in the iPhone 5 for bluetooth.

Thanks, all! Happy Friday!

2. tenhead macrumors regular

My problem is that my iPhone 5 doesn't even show any devices once I turned on my bluetooth. It just kept on searching and searching, forever. My iPhone4 and my MBP worked fine with my stereo bluetooth (sony ericsson mw600?). I tried turning on/off both bluetooth and the stereo headset, nothing happened. It just kept on searching. Hopefully it's not a defect iPhone 5.

3. Lampmeister macrumors member

I don't know what's causing your issues, but I've never had a problem with my iPhone 5, or my previous 4, synching using "Blue&Me" in my Fiat. Works flawlessly. (but I've not tried synching to anything else)

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Including re-pairing? You don't seem to mention pairing at all.