Bluetooth and Shuffling of Music on the iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rhett7660, Oct 18, 2013.

1. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Hello all,

Here is what I have.

iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.2
    Mazda 3 that accepts Bluetooth stereo.

Prior to updating to iOS 7 I could use the shuffle feature for music and it would work on my Mazda 3's stereo.

However since I have updated to iOS 7 I am no longer able to use the shuffle. It will let me shuffle the first song but then it goes in order from what the first song is.

Example: Connect iPhone 5 to stereo via bluetooth. Hit shuffle. Go to song that starts with an "C". The next song will be in order from that song and will not shuffle through anymore songs.

When I go to the iPhone music app while it is connected, and I push the "shuffle" button it goes to shuffle and the back to the it's non-shuffle state.

If I disconnect the bluetooth device I am able to shuffle through the songs like normal, and the shuffle button works when I press it.

I have tried it on two cars using to iPhones running the same version of the OS, and have had the same results.

Has anybody else had this issue? Very frustrating to say the least.

2. rhett7660 thread starter macrumors G4

rhett7660

Update.

I tried another music app and it does do shuffle via blutooth. I am leaning this might be a bug.

3. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

Are you able to change the track or play/pause music from BT or using the lock screen music controls?

I lost all ability to shuffle, pause/play and change tracks using my Pioneer BT deck. I also could not change anything from the lock screen.

I had to turn off passcode/touch id and restart my phone then I could use my controls again. After that, I was able to turn back on passcode/touch id as well.

4. rhett7660, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013

rhett7660 thread starter macrumors G4

rhett7660

Yes I can still use all the controls from the lock screen however it does take a few more clicks for the pause and play. The 10-15 second skip forward works and so does the skip. Just the pause and play are sticky.

Shuffle is broken however and does not work over BT for me. I have a feeling something broke on the last round of updates.

I know shuffle via BT because I can use my other streaming app and it shuffles fine (QUIK.IO).