Bluetooth Mice - Razer Orochi or Sony Vgp-bms (any other suggestions??)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by benherron, Feb 23, 2011.

1. benherron macrumors newbie

Simples in theory...but not in practise...... I need a high quality, (preferably ergonomic) bluetooth mouse...

Background: Used for a range of CAD/Photoshop/rendering programs. I broke my mighty mouse, and although good tbh wasnt impressed with the scoll-ball's performace for the £. New magic mouse although solves the scoll-ball issue with fun touchy-tech, isnt very ergonomic and even when cracked for 3 button use, is slightly buggy, ive tried, it disappointed.... :D The logitech mice are brilliant quality/ergonomic but im fed up of the one im borrowing off a friend using up a usb slot on my macbook (not an issue on my mac pro, but i mainly use a Wacom tablet mouse on that anyway).

.......So I'm down to two mice, the Razer Orochi and some version of the Sony VGP-BMS range. Both similar price (from new, ebay might sway me towards an earlier sony version). From what i've read/seen Orochi + is on performance, Sony + is on quality.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any personal opinions/review OR any alternatives i should also look at before making a decision??

Many Thanks
    Ben

2. FluJunkie macrumors 6502a

You're alright with the Razer mouse being a small form-factor laptop mouse, yes?

3. sportster macrumors 6502

I had a white logitech Bluetooth mouse. Don't remember the model, I think they only make one. I liked it a lot, but it seemed a bit small in my hand. Worked great for portable work on my old MacBook. gave it to the person who bought my MacBook, kinda wished I would have kept it now.

4. benherron thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeh it wouldnt be the end of the world i suppose, i do travel with it a fair bit. A full size mouse like the logitech mx revolution im borrowing adm would be ace but im not finding any bt ones adm.

5. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

I had a logitech v470 BT mouse that worked well but I like to have no lag at all when I decide to reach for the mouse and just about every BT mouse will have some lag... I prefer using a nano receive mouse and there are many inexpensive models to choose from.

Right now I like my logitech unifiying nano products since one receiver can connect up to 6 devices and that gives me a keyboard, mouse and number pad as needed.

6. benherron thread starter macrumors newbie

I've never had any lagging issues, im not gaming with it so shouldnt be an issue, id rather the usb slot be free tbh.