Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tsk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 14, 2004
Wisconsin
I'd very much like to get a bluetooth mouse for my 12" Powerbook. I know this has been asked before but I never really saw satisfactory answers to all the questions I have.

So I'm looking at essentially 3 mice: Thermaltake Xwing, Microsoft Intellimouse, Logitech MX900

What I want is a reasonable sized mouse (I currently use a wired standard 2 button w/wheel Logitech mouse). I really don't want to be stuck using a stupid charger setup (as in MX900) and I'd like the batteries to last a good long time. Oh and I want at least 2 buttons and a wheel so please don't suggest the Apple mouse. I really only want a left/right click and a wheel so the extra buttons of the MX900 and Intellimouse don't really mean much to me.

As far as the Xwing, it seems like probably the one I am leaning towards. I'm a bit worried it may be too small since I haven't seen it in person. I know it has an on/off switch, but I've never seen any info on battery life. If I forget to turn it off, will the battery die overnight?

The MX900 looks like an all around nice mouse for my needs except for that damn charging setup. I don't need all the extra buttons, but this mouse seems to be a decent size. The thing keeping me from this mouse is the battery/charger. From what I read, if I don't charge it, I'll be out of battery in 1 day or two. I don't want to take that setup with me when I travel.

The Intellimouse seems to be a nice mouse that has battery saving properties so should be good to take with for trips, etc. But, it looks like the thing is huge (again, haven't seen in person so correct me if this is wrong).

Opinions are appreciated.

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
get a 2100mah battery for the MX900 and it'll last up to two weeks.

problem is, it doesn't have a ON/OFF button. if it does, it may last twice longer. i want the MX900, but as a mobile mouse, an ON/OFF button is crucial to me.

netytan

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2004
Hey,

I'm a big fan of Apple's bluetooth mouse, not only because it just looks so damn sweet! But as Ryan said, the on/off switch is pretty much essensial or you'll be replacing/recharging (if they are rechargable) the batteries every few weeks. The point is, its a hassel that no one needs so the more we can cut down on this the better!

A wheel would be nice on this mouse but i can live without that. I have seen an uglier two buttoned version around that just lacks the look & feel of the simpler model!

Mark.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.