Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
Bluetooth- Stereo headphones or headset

Has anybody used a Bluetooth headset to import audio (from the microphone) or used Bluetooth stereo headphones with their PowerBook? It would be nice to use a combo set like this one(OBH-0100 by SONORIX), but before I budget my money, I want to know if it will work on my new 12” PB and what people's expierence is with Bluetooth audio devices.

Post Script: I searched the forums and didn't find anything relivent.

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
Eniregnat said:
Bluetooth- Stereo headphones or headset

Has anybody used a Bluetooth headset to import audio (from the microphone) or used Bluetooth stereo headphones with their PowerBook? It would be nice to use a combo set like this one(OBH-0100 by SONORIX), but before I budget my money, I want to know if it will work on my new 12” PB and what people's expierence is with Bluetooth audio devices.

Post Script: I searched the forums and didn't find anything relivent.

i have used the headset with my powerbook. the audio quality recorded isn't very good.

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
jackieonasses said:
uncompressed sound is about 1mbps and bluetooth is about 700kbps per second. and that isnt even real world stats. i got this from someone else on a previous forum....

hmm interesting info, you happened to have to link to that forum?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Eniregnat said:

There was a forum thread going on about this a while ago. Is this thing actually for sale yet? On the page you posted, the "buy a sample" link seems to only be for some kind of beta testing or evaluation program -- there isn't a price listed (even in Won:)) and you need some kind of code to buy it.

I don't know if anyone has a clear idea of how this works, since a lot of people on the net are saying what jackieonasses said -- that the bandwidth of BT is marginal. But I think other BT-based solutions have been demoed besides this one for high quality audio. Maybe they use both the digital and the analog BT channel at the same time? Who knows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.