Bluetooth turing iPhone 4 into a brick?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by foulmouthedleon, Nov 29, 2011.

1. foulmouthedleon macrumors regular

foulmouthedleon

Ok, strange question here. First off I've had an iPhone since they first came out and an iPhone 4 since last June (though I've since replaced it with a white one). I can count the number of problems I've had with them on one hand.

Over the past week I've tried to use the Bluetooth feature in my car but the call hasn't gone through. And on top of that, it's powered my phone off and I have to hard reset it (pressing down on the power button and the home button at the same time). It's now happened three times.

So my question is...has anyone heard of this happening to them and, more importantly, does anyone know a fix for it? I'll be at my local mall tonight so I guess I could have the Apple store look at it, but if anyone has a solution I'm all ears.

2. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I upgraded to the 4S last week (from a 4). Didn't have any problem connecting with my car stereo via Bluetooth but I had to cycle my Plantronics headset on and off a handful of times (10-second power pushes helped) before it synced. Now, it connects to either just fine.

3. foulmouthedleon thread starter macrumors regular

foulmouthedleon

Well my phone connects just fine and it makes phone calls fine as well. It' just that a few times when it hasn't worked, it not only doesn't make the phone call, it somehow powers off my phone and I need to perform the hard reboot to get it functioning. Odd.