Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

7on

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
Ever since the Bluetooth Software update on Feb 5, I've been having mediocre bluetooth performance. Like everynow and then my dongle has to be removed and reinserted for it to find my APple keyboard. Any similar stories or suggestions? (p.s. I doubt it is a bad BT dongle considering it worked perfectly from Dec 25 to Feb5 w/o problems).

encro

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2002
bendigo.victoria.au
Have you updated the firmware for your dongle also?

I have the original DLink DWB-120M dongle which can't be updated like the DLink newer dongle. If you are in the same situation then you may need to get a new dongle.

I was suffering similar problems with the Microsoft Keyboard (after it slept it would not respond to wakeup). My solution was to use the Microsoft dongle and repair all bluetooth devices with that.

nimitz1451

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2004
Germany
Hi,

I´m experiencing similar problems with both my Microsoft bluetooth mouse and keyboard on my PB 17" (with integrated bluetooth).

Almost everytime I wake up my notebook, the mouse and keyboard won´t wake up with it. I then have to reset the peripherals by removing the batteries and putting them back in.

Any idea how to fix this?

Otherwise I´m happy with the parts.

Thanks in advance,

nimitz1451

encro

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2002
bendigo.victoria.au
Originally posted by nimitz1451
Hi,

I´m experiencing similar problems with both my Microsoft bluetooth mouse and keyboard on my PB 17" (with integrated bluetooth).

Almost everytime I wake up my notebook, the mouse and keyboard won´t wake up with it. I then have to reset the peripherals by removing the batteries and putting them back in.
nimitz1451

You are luckier than I was. Removing the batteries did nothing and I had to delete the pairing and then re-pair to get it working. I never had any problems with the mouse though.

inocen1

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2003
I'm actually having to send my laptop (with intergrated bluetooth) in for service because I can't get my apple keyboard and bluetooth to pair anymore. I went through tons of trial and error with the tech and nothings working. So all of you can consider yourself luckier than me.
Matthew

lrpebler

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2004
MS BT keyboard

@Encro:

I appear to have the exact same problem as you-- my MS keyboard, once it sleeps, will not wake. You mentioned that you used the Microsoft dongle with success.

I am unsure how to do this. I can plug the dongle into my PB, but what software do I use to make the connection and tell the keyboard to use the dongle instead of my PB's built-in BT?

If you could outline your process for me, it'd be great. Thanks!

--LRP

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.