Bobby Jindal: I’m Holding Firm Against Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Apr 24, 2015.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Who would this Presidential wannabe demonize if he didn't have gays? Perhaps he ought to stop wasting his state's money fighting a losing battle. 42% of Louisiana's budget is dependent on funding from the federal government, third highest in the country. Small government conservative, my ass.

Bobby Jindal is a bad Governor.

77% of fourth graders in Louisiana are below reading proficiency, the third highest rate in the country.
    18.3% of households in Louisiana live in poverty, the second highest rate in the nation.
    Louisiana's violent crime rate is 496.9/100,000, the eighth highest violent crime rate in the nation.
    Louisiana ranks dead last in general health in the United States.
    Louisiana is 48th in high school graduation rate, 48th in infant morality, 47th in income disparity.

I think he should spend less time worrying about gays and focus on that **** hole of a state he runs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/23/opinion/bobby-jindal-im-holding-firm-against-gay-marriage.html

2. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

A Republican expressing opposition to corporate influence? Yeah, I am buying that line.

:rolleyes:

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Good, people should stick to what they believe in instead of pandering & then changing position once in office.

no I will not vote for him.

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

He's trying to feed off the Right's distrust of large institutions (which they have, but can't seem to articulate for some reason. Note that I'm talking about individuals and not the party itself, which is corporatist just like the Dems) and roll it into a Big Business/"Radical Left" hybrid.

It's amazing. This man is also a lunatic.

5. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

This was the same guy, who during the Red's response to Obama's SOTU address one year, scoffed at wanting to spend money on environmental and geological research, relating to volcanoes and its effect on carbon in the atmosphere...

the following day, Mt. Redoubt near Anchorage blew its stop, forcing all flights to the Far East to be halted at Anchorage, or returned to Seattle, Vancouver, SFO, or LAX.

It appears he still hasn't learned his lesson from the spanking Mother Earth gave to his humility.

BL.

6. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

That's a lot of talk from a guy whose state will likely be issuing same sex marriage licenses by the end of June.

7. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

8. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Lol. Because either of those two bills will ever make is past the senate. Nevermind getting signed into law....

----------

Not only do a solid majority of Americans now support same sex marriage, but public support for "religious freedom" laws has also sharply plummeted. A solid majority of Americans now oppose "RFRA" type laws.

9. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

10. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

He's basically wasting tax money to pander to his extremist base, knowing full well the bills have no chance of passing.

11. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I guess its the religious base that keeps the repubs from entering the 21st century. Same sex marriage is happening no matter what.

12. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Agreed.

Don't have a fake epiphany for votes...like Hillary Clinton.

Note voting for him either...

13. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Hillary didn't change position in office. She changed it 2 years before the election. Maybe she actually did change her position, like MANY Americans over the last few years? I know you'd prefer not to believe it when most of the country deviates from your deeply held views, but it's real and it's happening. Even in the party of no.