Bodyguardz pure premium glass protector for iphone 4/4S (preorder for iphone 5)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rjbeh, Sep 9, 2012.

1. rjbeh macrumors regular

What do you guys think? I happen to stumble upon this when i saw someone review it on youtube. Very similar to Spigen's Glas't, more expensive at 39.95, but, if you happen to screw up the installation or somehow break the protector, they offer a lifetime warranty by just paying 12.95 for replacement (inclusive of delivery for US residents); instead of buying a whole new piece (Spigen's glas't).

The review.

link to the product

2. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

$40!?

I don't have any experience with the SGP glass protector, but I do have experience with their other products and protectors.

They never failed me!

3. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

In reality though how much are you actually saving if you need a new one?

The glas.t is 28 while this one is 40. Doubling the glas.t makes it 56. The 13 replacement brings the total to 53. You save 3 bucks. Shipping from Amazon was free when I bought mine and it still is. So not much of a difference and these aren't that difficult to install, even if you mess up (you can clean the glas.t if you screw up, not sure sure about the Bodyguardz).

There are also a ton of other glass screen protectors now that are just as good. I've personally been using an Ultra Shield for the past month and it was actually easier to install and is removable/reusable. It was also cheaper.

Point is, there are a ton of options now and you really aren't saving much with this option so I'm not sure if the higher than usual price is justified.

4. Tremulant macrumors newbie

Dude! I have this screen protector for my 4S and I LOVE it! It feels so slick, and somehow enhances the screen clarity if you can imagine. I honestly liked the Spigen version as well, but the clarity and feel of this one are just better to me. I don't think I can ever use any other protector. I just hope they come out with a case friendly version eventually because it isn't compatible with a few of my cases.

I honestly can't recommend this screen protector enough. If you're that concerned over the price, go with the Spigen since it is comparable, but I have never come across a better screen protector in my life, and I only want the best for my phone.

Oh, and you can always find a discount of some kind for BodyGuardz so you can easily get it for cheaper. As a return customer I always get 20% off, so this ended up only costing me around $32 bucks.

5. rjbeh thread starter macrumors regular

Lucky for you but i think it would cost me an arm and a leg for shipping it to Malaysia

6. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

So to resurrect this thread from the dead, I used one of the 50% off codes and picked up a couple of these to try. I couldn't resist 2 of these for less than $30 bucks.

First off, out of the two I received, one was great while the other had "issues".

The one with the issues not only came in a package that was opened already (or maybe never fully sealed), but once applied it wouldn't stay down on the top right corner. The adhesive doesn't seem to want to stick and it is bubbling up really bad on that one even after only 2 days. I'm going to be taking it off when I get home as it looks awful and is letting dust and crap from my pocket get underneath it.

That pretty much ends the bad things I have to say about this product and the bad things all start and end with the one that had the flawed packaging so I am going to chalk that up to the product being defective.

The other one I installed was flawless. Not just on installation but also on the adhesive and bubbles underneath.

Now, I have used a bunch of these glass screen protectors (some I got for free as review units and others I have paid for) and this one is probably the best. Better than the Glas.t since it resists fingerprints more and is actually easier to clean than the SGP one which I found to be really shocking. Basically not only do fingerprints hardly show up but when they do, a quick wipe on my pants and they are gone.

The cutouts and overall fit is great and the Bodyguardz seems to adhere better and tighter to the screen, at least on the one that wasn't defective. The edges and cutouts line up perfectly and the pressing of the home button is actually better on the Bodyguardz than the SGP and the Cellaris ones as it seems to be slightly thinner despite having the same .4mm thickness listed on the websites for each one. It also fits into a few cases the Glas.t wouldn't like the Candyshell Grip. They both fit into the standard Candyshell but the Grip is a slimmer profile and doesn't fit with the Glas.t.

While I still think the $39.99 asking price is a little high when compared to the competition as I'm not sure there is a $12 difference between this one and the SGP. There is a difference as the Bodyguardz feels and looks like a better product but the price point is still a little high in my eyes even with the return policy as you are still paying a decent chunk to get a new one. With that said, the Pure that wasn't defective is awesome and so far really great.

Time will tell how it holds up but it seems to be a great product and at the 50% off price plus the stackable 20% off return customers price making each essentially $15 a great deal.

If it is the same quality product and the cutouts line up properly then this will be the screen protector to get for the iPhone 5 when Bodyguardz finally releases that version.

7. BodyGuardz. macrumors member

BodyGuardz.

I am sorry to hear that you had issues with one of your protectors. Have you contacted our customer service to get a replacement? Our Pure glass protector is definitely a high-end option, and customer satisfaction is always very important to us. Please call us at 801.495.3514. If there was a defect with the product we will absolutely replace it at no cost to you.

I am glad to hear that the other protector is working well for you. The Pure for the iPhone 5 should start shipping next week, so feel free to pre-order now, or you can wait until it starts shipping.

Thank you for your order, and let me know if you have any questions!