Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whoisrhp

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2008
Hello,

I recently Purchased films from both companies to compare and see which film is better. I like how for the bodyguardz front film it actually covers the whole surface of the ipod touch 2nd gen, but it doesn't offer protection for the center piece, I don't know if its just me but the bodyguardz film seems to collect dust more easily than zaggs? anyone else have that problem?

What I like about zaggs film is that they provide protection for the center button on front as well as the front of the ipod 2nd gen. What I don't like is that the film seems too small because it still leaves about 1cm of space uncovered on the top of my ipod 2nd gen. The zaggs film seems to also collect less dues than bodyguardz film.

Any feedback guys? does anyone know what other companies offer film that actually fully cover the front of the ipod surface + the center button?

Thanks

California King

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
I have BodyGuardz and don't really like them. I did a scratch test with one of them and it scratches and scuffs WAY too easily. The material may be the same as Zagg, but the quality is different. Although one thing I really like about BGz is that it's less "dimply" than Zagg, so it's less noticeable.

I'd stick with BestSkinsEver. I tried the same scratch test on one of those, and they're a lot stronger! They're the cheapest and the quality is very good.

whoisrhp

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2008
does anyone know if bestskinsever front cover film is LONGER than zagg? or is it basically the same copy of zaggs / invisibleshield?

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2008
I have BodyGuardz and don't really like them. I did a scratch test with one of them and it scratches and scuffs WAY too easily. The material may be the same as Zagg, but the quality is different. Although one thing I really like about BGz is that it's less "dimply" than Zagg, so it's less noticeable.

I'd stick with BestSkinsEver. I tried the same scratch test on one of those, and they're a lot stronger! They're the cheapest and the quality is very good.

go with the bodyguardz front and the BSE/IS rear

here is my review of all of the shields available

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/569101/

TheGoodRunner

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2012
Middle Button Cover

You dont want a piece of sticky plastic over your middle button, with how much it moves and rubs on the other film all it does is make the film peel up and it will look like youre using a toy from the dollar store. I would for sure go with bodyguardz because it doesnt have the orange peel effect, it feels the most like glass, and it looks a lot clearer than zagg, plus you get two for a cheaper price than zaggs one. Lets see here.. Better quality, Better price, Better quantity? In my opinion there's only one way to go here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.