Boehner: Cruz is 'Lucifer in the flesh'

ericgtr12

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 19, 2015
To be fair though, not even Lucifer would deny 9/11 first responders their benefits.

When it comes to Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, even a few months’ time out of Congress has done little to lessen former Speaker John Boehner’s contempt for his former Capitol Hill colleague.

“Lucifer in the flesh,” Boehner told an audience at Stanford on Wednesday night, according to the Stanford Daily. “I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life.”
Source: Politico

thermodynamic

Suspended
May 3, 2009
USA
Without people opting to vote third party and if people's claims are correct that might be a real issue this year, who is Candidate Clinton more likely going to triumph over?
[doublepost=1461856116][/doublepost]
Cruz will be the most despised man in Canada.
Eh?

How so?

ericgtr12

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 19, 2015
Without people opting to vote third party and if people's claims are correct that might be a real issue this year, who is Candidate Clinton more likely going to triumph over?

Eh?

How so?
Trump, in a landslide from the looks of it.

Reactions: Limey77

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX

Eh?

How so?
Cruz was born in Canada.
Although he is now a nationalized as American, does not change fact he was born in Canada.

Unlike Canada, there are quiet a lot of Americans who support Cruz.

ericgtr12

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 19, 2015
I could agree with Boehner on this. Trump is terrible, but the only worse option out there is Ted Cruz.
I think they're both tools, that being said, based on temperament and who has they're finger on the button if I HAD to choose between one who acts like a spoiled third grade pissant with a temper or Ted Cruz, Cruz would be my choice. While I disagree with literally everything he says, he says it with a cool, calm demeanor.

Reactions: Thomas Veil

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2014
North Country (way upstate NY)
I think they're both tools, that being said, based on temperament and who has they're finger on the button if I HAD to choose between one who acts like a spoiled third grade pissant with a temper or Ted Cruz, Cruz would be my choice. While I disagree with literally everything he says, he says it with a cool, calm demeanor.
Trump is all show and no go, Cruz is on a mission from god..

I'd take the orange guy with bad hair over the caliph.

impulse462

macrumors 68000
Jun 3, 2009
theatricality and deception are powerful agents to the uninitiated

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Wow. This election has truly been more entertaining than I ever thought could be possible. A little while ago on CNN some Cruz supporter talk show host was screaming LIAR at one of CNN's Trump supporters over and over again. It got pretty ugly. The party is tearing itself apart over who is worse, Trump or Cruz. Too funny.

Reactions: satcomer

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2014
Wow. This election has truly been more entertaining than I ever thought could be possible. A little while ago on CNN some Cruz supporter talk show host was screaming LIAR at one of CNN's Trump supporters over and over again. It got pretty ugly. The party is tearing itself apart over who is worse, Trump or Cruz. Too funny.
the party is finding it's own and that can be messy...

Cruz is a social conservative and not well liked..Trump is a fiscal conservative, democrat a blue dog not well liked. The same is happening in democratic party Clinton is conservative and Sanders is a not. An ideological Sanders and Trump supporter just cannot vote for Clinton or Cruz. Hopefully this leads to a division of parties and coalitions so we can get better representation for all people

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
the party is finding it's own and that can be messy...

Cruz is a social conservative and not well liked..Trump is a fiscal conservative, democrat a blue dog not well liked. The same is happening in democratic party Clinton is conservative and Sanders is a not. An ideological Sanders and Trump supporter just cannot vote for Clinton or Cruz. Hopefully this leads to a division of parties and coalitions so we can get better representation for all people
You know what? I am so tried of this freaking lie. Clinton is not a conservative. Conservatives don't talk about healthcare for all, raising the minimum wage, gay rights, woman's equality, women's choice and the water quality in Flint, Michigan. (Republicans didn't even visit there even though their debate was not that far away).

Reactions: Eraserhead

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2014
You know what? I am so tried of this freaking lie. Clinton is not a conservative. Conservatives don't talk about healthcare for all, raising the minimum wage, gay rights, woman's equality, women's choice and the water quality in Flint, Michigan. (Republicans didn't even visit there even though their debate was not that far away).
So if I can find a conservative that talks about any of those thing does that make what you said a lie?

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68030
May 18, 2004
the tangerine terror over the lyin' Canadian
I could agree with Boehner on this. Trump is terrible, but the only worse option out there is Ted Cruz.
the lyin' Canadian is, relatively speaking, far worse than the tangerine terror