Boehner's recent interview

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mcrain, Jun 29, 2010.

1. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

From John Boehner's recent interview.

More regulators? More regulations? But, not the regulations on the banks? [sarcasm]I'm not sure what he means, but hey, I will admit I'm probably too biased by all the mainstream media I consume. [/sarcasm]

Priorities. Is he saying that the invasion of Iraq and the war in the middle East is more important than the needs of AMERICAN senior citizens?

The interview is here: http://pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/s_688102.html

2. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

Bill

"Priorities. Is he saying that the invasion of Iraq and the war in the middle East is more important than the needs of AMERICAN senior citizens?"

I will agree with you 100% on that.

They need to come home ASAP and we need to stop wasting our money over there ASAP. People here could benefit from it.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

No, no, I agree, in fact, let's start a third or a fourth useless war, say, with Iran. In the meantime, the banks are responsible. They'll take care of their problems themselves. :eek:

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Bring our service people home. That should more than balance the budget.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

FWIW, it won't, will it? I'm having trouble on finding data on this, but my impression was that the cost of the two wars plus the "global war on terrorism" costs was somewhere in the neighborhood of half the budget deficit or less? Not that that's insufficient, and not that there aren't plenty of non-cash reasons that are perfectly good justification for bringing our troops home...

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Who would have thought his loyalties would lie with continuing a war over the well being of American citizens? ;):rolleyes: