Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
so.....???
Quite a few people get banned. He probably had a rant at a few noobs and was insulting. That is what i got banned for and that (i think) is the most common reason.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Again? It's especially important to remember how diplomatic he can be sometimes. :p

It's unlikely that it'll be more than a few days without him.

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
raggedjimmi said:
He'll be back. It'll be like Return of the Jedi.

No, he won't. Its permanent.

As for the question in the title, IMO, its bollocks that you get banned for speaking your mind around here.

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
®îçhå®? said:
so.....???
Quite a few people get banned. He probably had a rant at a few noobs and was insulting. That is what i got banned for and that (i think) is the most common reason.

Yep, probably drew a second yellow card and has to sit out the next match, but he'll be back on the pitch soon enough.

I did draw a yellow card myself a while ago, and it made me rethink my approach a little bit. I'm pretty glad that these forums have strong, active moderators that clearly don't tolerate any crap. Permissiveness and lax enforcement of the rules have spelled the doom of many a formerly good Internet forum over the years.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Personally I know nothing of what has happened here, but what people think of a ban is of little consequence as none of you really know the reasons behind them and what has led up to it. If the member in question has a problem with a ban dished out by a mod/god they are welcome to take their case to webmaster@macrumors.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.