Bombshell: relationship between State Dept. and Clinton Foundation seen among uncovered emails.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by FieldingMellish, Aug 9, 2016.

1. FieldingMellish Suspended

As written:

"Judicial Watch, a conservative watchdog group, released 296 pages of emails from the Democratic presidential nominee, including 44 that Judicial Watch says were not previously handed over to the State Department by Clinton. The emails, many of which are heavily redacted, raise questions about the Clinton Foundation's influence on the State Department and its relations during her tenure."

"Judicial Watch President Tom Filton said in a press release that Clinton "hid" the 44 emails on purpose."

""No wonder Hillary Clinton and Huma Abedin hid emails from the American people, the courts and Congress," he said in a press release. "They show the Clinton Foundation, Clinton donors, and operatives worked with Hillary Clinton in potential violation of the law.""

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/09/politics/hillary-clinton-emails-judicial-watch/index.html

2. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Not sure what to make of this, and not sure I care. However, Trump can hardly criticise Clinton for withholding 44 e-mails while he withholds his tax returns.

3. 1458279 Suspended

One thing you can be sure of is that you don't seem to miss a chance to jump in and bash Trump while defending Hillary.

The point of the topic was Hillary and the State department, yet you, admitting you're not sure what to make of it, dismiss it by saying "Trump didn't release his tax returns, so that makes whatever Hillary did at the State department ok".

Thanks for yet another in depth analysis of the topic :rolleyes: We'll all wait here for more of your wisdom.

So, let's summarize your post:
    1. you admit that you don't know what to make of it.
    2. you admit that you don't know if you care.
    3. you bring Trump's tax returns into the topic that had nothing to do with Trump's tax returns.
    4. you ignore any corruption or violation of the law that might have happened with Hillary hiding government documents.
    5. you compare that to a private citizen not giving out tax returns when he has no legal requirement to do so.

Ok, thanks for you amazing in depth analysis of the issues and for staying focused on the topic.:rolleyes:

So, let's look at the facts:
    1. Hillary lied again about emails while she was Secretary of State.
    2. There's more proof that Hillary and the Clinton Foundation used their influence for personal gain.
    3. There's more proof that the State Department was hiding these government documents from the people which is yet another violation of the law.

Not to mention the FBI wasn't allowed to investigate this:
    Nothing to see here. (except Trump's tax returns)

4. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Have you read the e-mails?

It's somebody trying to help out an acquaintance in finding a job.

That's not corruption. That's the way people have gotten jobs at pretty much every organization in the history of humanity.

Weak sauce indeed. But what do you expect from the sort of human maggots (Freedom Watch) that actually think Donald Trump has anything whatsoever to offer this country, or humanity itself?

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Problematic and bad. If only there was another candidate who wasn't racist who makes death threats.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 10, 2016 ---
    That is true.

6. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Are his tax returns corrupting the government?

7. samcraig macrumors P6

The hypocrisy of you lecturing another poster about staying on topic.

8. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I wouldn't be surprised if if her deleted emails do re-appear and I agree with Trump in encouraging the parties that have them to bring them forth. I suspect they will be come out before the election but who knows, perhaps those that have them want to wait to see if she wins or looks to be winning and will simply wait until she does to bring them out.

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I don't think most Americans support Russian hackers.

10. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

IMO most would support seeing the content of the deleted emails. I really don't care who has them.

11. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Quite a few support the unveiling of corruption i.e. Edward Snowden. I guess it's only when it doesn't affect their candidate of choice.

At this point the left are just plugging their ears and screaming lalalalala.

12. samcraig macrumors P6

Pretty sure that people want to see the emails AND wouldn't want Russia to be the ones who had/have access to files they shouldn't.

13. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Probably should avoid storing state secrets on a home brew server in that case.

14. samcraig macrumors P6

Yawn. You're missing the point and spewing old rhetoric. One trick pony.

15. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Well anything for Mother Russia.

16. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

you have weird thing for Russia o_O

at the end of the day, if Russia has them, it's on her not anyone else.

17. zin macrumors 6502

What a coincidence that these emails in particular were not handed over to the State Department. Clinton just can't seem to shake this corruption problem.

18. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

19. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

We don't know, do we. "Never ask a question if you don't know the answer" is SOP for lawyers but not half bad for people trying to conduct a political debate. Shall we bookmark your post for revisit later, or just move on?

20. 1458279 Suspended

Same old tricks. Reid didn't know, but said Romney doesn't pay taxes. It's just more games to detract from real issues.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...orry-for-saying-mitt-romney-doesnt-pay-taxes/

21. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Are we taking a digressive coffee break here to talk about lying on the floor of the Senate? Just asking, in case we want to play tennis on that one and bat some quotes back and forth from the likes of factcheck.org - I'm willing to go second here and supply the one about Senator Jon Kyl claiming 90% of PP funds go to abortion and when confronted by CNN later, a staffer saying Kyl didn't actually mean that as a statement of fact, just that some of its monies are for abortions.

On the matter of the thread topic, the stuff released looks pretty innocuous to me, more or less like someone from my alma mater calling me up at work trying to see if I'd like to have dinner with an alumnus looking to get a foot into a media conglomerate I was working for at the time. Is it corrupt? No, it's called networking.

If there's an email in there saying "please send the donations that the Clinton Foundation received last month over to the DNC because you know, my GS speaking fees aren't going to cover the pizza bills this month" -- then I'd have to rethink at least my assessment of Mrs. Clinton's lawyers' competence.

22. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

23. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

She's been doing it for 30+ years, it's not a problem it's a way of life.

24. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Brutal, man! <- you. Message approved. :D

25. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

The apologists will see nothing wrong with what Hillary has done.