Bono slept over at Bill Gates' house

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
what went on in that house.... :rolleyes: I would have prob stayed at the world's richest person, house, and then just insult him that windoze does stink...and would have brought him a thank you gift, PM g5 with tiger on it :p

bentley

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2005
bono is a ****wit

bill gates is cool with me though if he's giving that much away to aid in africa.

dashiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2003
bentley said:
bono is a ****wit

bill gates is cool with me though if he's giving that much away to aid in africa.

so bono's efforts for africa don't get him in to your "cool" book with bill? i'm sure he's crying himself to sleep tonight.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
rikers_mailbox said:
a sleepover? eww.

Bill Gates is the new Michael Jackson. ;)

that one made me laugh..... who cares? big deal! i dont care for either, im rather indifferent to Bill Gates and Bono

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
He's there because he wants to get money for his charitable causes from the Gates foundation.

Heck, I'd stay over at Bill Gates' house if I thought he'd donate money to my favorite charity.

Oh, who am I kidding? I just want to see the place, with its 25-car garage, its visitor-customized wall-art, its collection of Leonardo's drawings. Wouldn't you?

idarknight

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2004
"Asked if their friendship would entice him to buy one of Microsoft rival Apple Computer Inc.'s black-and-red U2 edition iPods, Gates said: "Absolutely not.""

Worth a try at least.

Maybe he has an HPod

cuzog

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2005
I've stayed the night at Woz's house. Why doesn't that make front page news? :D

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
idarknight said:
"Asked if their friendship would entice him to buy one of Microsoft rival Apple Computer Inc.'s black-and-red U2 edition iPods, Gates said: "Absolutely not."
So Bono still hasn't found what he's looking for.

Bendit

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2003
Toronto, Canada
7on said:
You know that'd be like me giving Africa 28¢ right?
How can you put down the amount of money Bill Gates has given to charities? If you read the article you would also read that his charity is the largest charity in the world.

He's given over 20 BILLION dollars to charity. That's more like you giving several thousand dollars to a charity.

How much money has Steve jobs given?

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
Bendit said:
How can you put down the amount of money Bill Gates has given to charities? If you read the article you would also read that his charity is the largest charity in the world.

He's given over 20 BILLION dollars to charity. That's more like you giving several thousand dollars to a charity.

How much money has Steve jobs given?
I heard that when he does pass, he's not giving it to his daughters instead he's giving it to charitiy. of course his daughters will get a few million but still a huge chunk is being donnated which is cool. I respect him for that