Boom! Bloomberg Poll: Clinton crushes Trump 54% to 36%

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Robisan, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Robisan macrumors 6502

Looks like all of Trump's numbers are going down and he's dragging the GOP with him. Looks like a November landslide for Clinton and the Democrats!

If he emerges as the nominee, the survey also suggests that Trump faces a difficult path to the White House. Hillary Clinton, his likely Democratic competitor, crushes him in a hypothetical general-election match-up. In another troubling sign, Trump is viewed unfavorably by 68 percent of Americans -- well above the 53 percent who feel that way about Clinton. If both make it to the general election, the race would feature two historically unpopular figures as the nominees.

“Trump’s numbers are bad and getting worse,” said pollster J. Ann Selzer, who oversaw the survey. “A majority of Americans now describe their feelings toward him as very unfavorable. That’s a 13-point spike from November 2015.”

In the process, the Republican front-runner may also be tarnishing his party’s brand. Sixty percent of Americans view the GOP unfavorably, easily the highest level recorded in the poll since it was started in September 2009. The Democratic Party, in contrast, is viewed negatively by 43 percent.

~~~

Trump does worse against Clinton than either of his rivals in general-election tests. She beats him 54 percent to 36 percent, while besting Cruz 51 percent to 42 percent. Kasich is the only Republican still in the race who manages to beat the former secretary of state, 47 percent to 43 percent.​

Note: This is a likely voters (not just registered voters) poll. LV polls are usually more favorable to the GOP. MOE 3.4%.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

3. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Hope your immigration papers are in order, brah.

...though if they're not, I've got room in my politics bunker. Bring the whole family along. You never know when you might need some hydrogen.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

This is going to make Donny go nuts. Grabs popcorn.

Fox poll out has him up only 3% over Cruz nationally, within the margin of error.

And to round out the Donny trifecta, Fortune is out with an article on Trump's twitter accounts and his ties to white supremacists.

http://fortune.com/donald-trump-white-supremacist-genocide/

5. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

This will make Goldman-Sachs and the rest of Wall Street very happy.

6. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Not a snowball's chance in hell that Hillary can beat Trump. If there was, Soros would not be spending millions to try to derail Trump.

7. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Imagine the cash that the First Husband will collect from foreign interests on behalf of the Clinton Foundation.

8. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

As rich as US uranium perhaps..?

9. FieldingMellish Suspended

I like Boom! But not attached to yet another yawn-worthy Trump line-in-the-sand dire prediction, among scores or others levied since, what? Ten months ago? I mean, Trump is continually savaged and yet he grows ever more popular.

10. Robisan thread starter macrumors 6502

Meanwhile, in the real world:

Trump’s numbers are bad and getting worse,” said pollster J. Ann Selzer, who oversaw the survey. “A majority of Americans now describe their feelings toward him as very unfavorable. That’s a 13-point spike from November 2015.”​

From the survey (opens as pdf):

Donald Trump

Net Favorable: 29%
    Net Unfavorable: 68% (up from 61% in November)

--

Very Fav: 12%
    Mostly Fav: 17%
    Mostly Unfav: 15%
    Very Unfav: 53% (up from 40% in November)
    Not Sure: 3%​

11. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

Amazing:

I’m going to mention some concerns people have expressed about Donald Trump. For each, please tell me if this is
    something that bothers you or not.

-He did not immediately denounce the support of David Duke, a former Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, when asked about it in a TV interview.

Bothers: 38%
    Does Not Bother: 57%
    Not Sure: 4%

12. FieldingMellish Suspended

So sad you've poll numbers to hold onto for hope. How many times evidence of all kinds, over these many months, were held up with its insinuation of a knockout punch, yet to no avail?

13. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

So should I celebrate a corporate establishment puppet like Clinton being in office?

14. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Just because you keep repeating something doesn't make it any less a fantasy. Donald J. Trump will never be President of the United States of America.

15. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Poling democrats leaving a caucus voting location on who will be the next president will never show the GOP candidate either...

So many of these so-called pollsters are simply supporting their own ideology that it's hard to take them seriously.

Some polls showed Cruz soundly beating Trump in Arizona - where Trump won by double digits...

I could probably find a poll that still shows Rubio winning the nomination. There were several of those...

16. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

A poll is only as relevant to the day in which it is taken, and reflects only the people that take it. A poll off 1,000 cannot properly indicate how 300,000,000 feel. And we're so far away from election day, and to say nothing of all the news articles claiming Democrats are apathetic, will note vote for "the other", do write-in votes, etc... More Republicans will side with Trump, even if it's begrudgingly so. And, yes, those I asked in the outside world don't reflect all of them, but if they're anything like the elected bunch in congress they'll be more inclined to toe the line. Then again, compared to the bunch in office as of the last decade or so, I'd rather vote for certain coworkers than the sellouts in office.

17. vrDrew macrumors 65816

The denialism among the Trump supporters is pretty astounding.

But rather than arguing about poll numbers which, while interesting, at best give us little more than a hazy view of what might happen in the future - why don't the Trump people answer this question:

What is it about Trump that you think makes him qualified to be President?

I'm looking forward to the answers.

18. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

How isn't Trump a puppet? Oh, he's good at putting on a show, but he does what other businesses do - use lobbyists for personal gain. That makes him an insider. Articles claim he's used illegals and got away with it. If true, then he's no outsider because if you hired an illegal you'd probably not get away with it. What about H1Bs, apart from his flip-flopping on that (initially against, then for and with a blanket statement that pretty much implies that no American is talented, including his supporters or arguably even himself - here's his direct quote on the issue of his flip-flopping: "“I’m changing it and I’m softening the position because we have to have talented people in this country".

No wonder he wants to bring in Sarah Palin. Probably for the department of theology. Where your daughter will get stoned to death for fornicating because the Bible says so, but her owns can make numerous $30k-a-pop speeches about abstinence and not getting pregnant until marriage -- despite getting pregnant before the "life lesson, boo hoo" and again even after selling her speeches. How they are seen as noble is amazing, since any of our neighbors doing the same would not be seen as being noble. It's simple: The double standard is as much glaring as it is conceivably possible if she actually got elected to something, and for all the rant of right wingers saying Democrats are cowardly and quitters they haven't looked at her record of quitting.

19. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

However, Trump has been doing a good job at motivating people to come out and vote against him. I think he will do the same in the General election, Cruz might be able to win because of Democrats staying home, but Trump will not be president. In the past I've questioned if Clinton would be able to pull off an electoral college victory against Trump since she was polling lower in the swing states, but a quick google for polls of Ohio, and other swing states show that in the ones that have had recent polling she is doing well.

20. Meister Suspended

Meister

Where is the downvote button?

21. FieldingMellish Suspended

I take exception to that assertion!
    --- Post Merged, Mar 24, 2016 ---
    Best tact? Copy Obama and crow Hope and Change. That has a way of causing media to repeat it and never ask a single question about what that means.

22. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Yes indeed.

Clinton on target to ride her chariot to the Coronation?

All lefties thrilled?

It's so nice when organized crime goes according to plan.

23. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Tiny hands. [\thread]

24. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

What the heck are you talking about. Trump talks about his polls non stop.