Boot Camp, Vista Ultimate 64-bit, and Fusion - Wireless drivers and a whole lot more.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mcr312, Apr 3, 2008.

1. mcr312 macrumors newbie

I've searched the forums and the web for some answers but I have been unable to find specifics to the problems I am having. Sorry if this is a repost and I just missed it.

I recently upgraded the HD on my MBP (2.4 Ghz, 15", 4 GB, purchased 8/07) to a 320 GB Western Digital drive. After the upgrade I tried installing 64 bit Vista Ultimate to a 60 GB partition and then used the Boot Camp 2.0 drivers that I got by torrenting them. To install the drivers I simply ran the “Bootcamp64.msi” package, which seemed to be the thing to do. Most things seem to setup ok, however the wireless driver does not seem to work. I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem or a solution. I did a quick search for "atheros vista 64 driver" on google, but I'm not ever sure if that's what I really need.

Furthermore, I'm also having some trouble getting Fusion 1.1.1 to work properly using the partition. It returns an error that it's not setup to run a 64-bit guest OS and I'm not sure where to go to make the necessary changes. It also doesn't seem to recognize the ethernet card even after installing VMware Tools.

Finally, when booting in Vista I get this cryptic error message that says “Unrecognizable partition table for drive 80. Please rebuild using a Microsoft-compatible FDISK tool.” After giving this error message about four times it seems to just ignore it and boot Vista anyway. Is this something that I should be concerned about?

Sorry for such a long post, any help that could be provided would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike :)

2. j3rath202 macrumors newbie

Same for me

I get these exact same errors, especially the early partition one. Any help would be appreciated.