Bootcamp Using Nvidia's drivers on 9600m GT- a world of hurt or performance boost?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by whitedragon101, Nov 2, 2009.

1. whitedragon101 macrumors 6502a

I'm trying to squeeze a bit more performance out of Arma2 on my

Macbook Pro, 2.8ghz, 4gb RAM, Nvidia 9600m GT 512mb

Is downloading the newest Nvidia drivers likely to give me a few percentage points of extra speed (as it always does with a traditional PC). Or on boot camp is this a world of blue screens and hair pulling thats just better left alone?

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Currently using the latest drivers and haven't had any problems with anything.

3. dundalkholly macrumors newbie

so tell me this - did u download the windows drivers and install them on windows while in boot camp?
    and when i do a osx software update does it auto download drivers for the gpu or do i need to update too?

thanks

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Two different things. Windows is Windows and Mac is Mac. What you do on one side has no effect on the other. For NVIDIA drivers for Windows, download and install while in Windows through Boot Camp. Rarely will you ever GPU drivers for OS X. They're usually tweaked/upgraded through OS updates or if there is a serious problem but you won't see them like you would in Windows.

5. voyagerd macrumors 65816

voyagerd

I'm using the desktop 195.62 drivers right now. They've been the most stable and have overclocked the best.

6. Freyqq macrumors 68040

apple already uses nvidia drivers..lol. They are nvidia cards and nvidia makes the drivers too..not apple. The drivers included in bootcamp are usually just the most recent version on their web site as of when that bootcamp driver set was released.

7. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

When i played Age Of Conan i did replace apples drivers with www.laptopvideo2go.com drivers.
    The result was at least 25% increase in FPS