Border Patrol agents disciplined over offensive Facebook posts

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
The Department of Homeland Security has disciplined federal agents who posted offensive and sexually degrading content about Central American migrants and Democratic lawmakers on social media, acting Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan told ABC's "This Week."

Multiple agents were put on "administrative duties" and others were issued letters warning them to stop the conduct, McAleenan said on Sunday. An internal investigation continues, he added.

"The agents will be held accountable if they are CBP employees who did inappropriate things. I don't think it's reflective of the men and women we have," McAleenan said
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/border-patrol-agents-disciplined-over-offensive-facebook-posts-155653302--abc-news-topstories.html
how long will it be before people get the fact that what you spout online can come back to haunt you? to a degree it sucks that what you do after work can affect you in such a way.

Reactions: yaxomoxay

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
So, you're condoning such behavior if it's done on the employees own time?
you should have whatever views suit you, I hope those views do not affect your work. I DON'T care if you are antifa or KKK for that matter, we are seemingly going towards punishing any view that "offends" others at any point and that is not what freedom is about.

raqball

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2016
you should have whatever views suit you, I hope those views do not affect your work. I DON'T care if you are antifa or KKK for that matter, we are seemingly going towards punishing any view that "offends" others at any point and that is not what freedom is about.
Agree to a point.. If they were letting their view spill over to on duty work then they should be fired. If they were making inappropriate posts off duty then they should be disciplined...

Many LE agencies have something in their internal rules and regulations to the effect of - Conduct Unbecoming - and it generally covers off duty activities...

Reactions: jkcerda

realtuner

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2019
Canada
Disagree. I have a SWAT team member in my family. He had to go through numerous personality and other related tests to see if he was suitable for the position. There's no way you can tell me a member of Antifa or KKK (your examples) are going to put their biases aside when performing their job ESPECIALLY if that job is in something like law enforcement or border security.

If they're working at Starbucks or stocking the shelves at Walmart I don't care what they think or believe.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Disagree. I have a SWAT team member in my family. He had to go through numerous personality and other related tests to see if he was suitable for the position. There's no way you can tell me a member of Antifa or KKK (your examples) are going to put their biases aside when performing their job ESPECIALLY if that job is in something like law enforcement or border security.

If they're working at Starbucks or stocking the shelves at Walmart I don't care what they think or believe.
AOC and plenty of lefties are according to BP
why can't they share stupid jokes about her?

Reactions: Vanilla Ice