Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soloer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
Omaha
Anyone plan on getting this? It looks like if you pre-order it, you'll get a few nice perks when you start, including the new character class once it's completed.

Despite many reviews from the first one saying that the game wasn't anything special unless you were playing coop, I quite enjoyed playing alone.

iMacFarlane

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2012
Adrift in a sea of possibilities
As far as shooters go, I can honestly say Borderlands is the most fun I've had playing a game since playing Duke Nukem 3D back in the day. I've got the GOTY and have yet to finish it, but play it often.

I'm really looking forward to Borderlands 2. Hopefully, Feral Interactive gets their hands on it and drafts a port for the Mac like they did with their excellent offering of the first Borderlands.

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
After a few tries, I came to love Borderlands, and it's last DLC offering the General Knoxx one. I recently joined a group who play CoD, just to have a team to play with, only to find out they are big Borderlands fans as well and all ordered 2. Some of us even went back and started new playthroughs of Borderlands just for the heck of it. We're all looking forward to it.

spoon man

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2007
I loved the 1st game I had played it to death I can't wait for this game to come out I've already got it pre-ordered, Who were your favorite character's to play as? mine was Mordecai.

soloer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
Omaha
I think I got the furthest with Mordecai, but I was playing Lillith the last time I played and was really enjoying her play style.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I preordered the game, and just got the DLC too. Thing is I haven't really played the first one and wasn't overly amazed by it... but I still want the sequel.
I'll be there tomorrow.

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
I got the loot chest. My Siren is already level 17. With the first one, I did the 4 play thrus with all 4 characters. It gets insane on the 4th play thru.

soloer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
Omaha
I forgot that I hadn't ordered mine for same-day delivery, so I just got it last night. I didn't get a chance to even open it but plan on devoting some serious hours this weekend. I can't wait for the Mecromancer DLC to come out. That was my main reason for pre-ordering so I get that for free.

soloer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
Omaha
I got the loot chest. My Siren is already level 17. With the first one, I did the 4 play thrus with all 4 characters. It gets insane on the 4th play thru.

What do you think of the siren? I died twice on the first boss encounter with her! I don't know if I'm just rusty or it's harder than the first one. I suspect rusty.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Rather enjoying this. Playing on PC with a few buddies, I don't know what's going on so I just sit back and act as support.

Surprised my iMac can run it so well; native res (2560x1440), everything on medium to high, 60fps with only a couple of dips in framerate.

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
What do you think of the siren? I died twice on the first boss encounter with her! I don't know if I'm just rusty or it's harder than the first one. I suspect rusty.

For me, I'm so used to Phasewalk that I'm expecting one thing and getting another. I was having serious problems in that first little area, but I think it was more that I was used to Lilith.

So, I'll admit. I'm feeling a little smug that I got to start with 3 Golden Keys.

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Nice, I only have 1 golden key.

If you follow Randy Pitchford on Twitter, @DuvalMagic, he's been posting Shift codes for Golden Keys. He attempted to post codes that gave 10 keys at a time, but the code only worked for one person, not the usual 100 people. So they will be trying again, next weekend. Today they gave out codes for 10,000 players. Codes for Xbox seem to go first, followed by PC, with there being extras for PS3.

The game has been great, had to try going solo, because there is so much you can miss with co op players.

soloer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
Omaha
If you follow Randy Pitchford on Twitter, @DuvalMagic, he's been posting Shift codes for Golden Keys.

The game has been great, had to try going solo, because there is so much you can miss with co op players.

Thanks, I'll look into this! I've never played co op in Borderlands, so I imagine you can miss out only playing single player too :)

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
EEEE! I love Gaige (the Mechromancer)!! She's so painfully adorable. I'd just beat the game with Maya, now I'm doing my second playthru with Gaige. I can't wait to see her skins and heads.

Also, cannot wait for the DLCs.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
EEEE! I love Gaige (the Mechromancer)!! She's so painfully adorable. I'd just beat the game with Maya, now I'm doing my second playthru with Gaige. I can't wait to see her skins and heads.

Also, cannot wait for the DLCs.

Yeah I just downloaded her. But I havent got that far (6 hours or so) with my Assasin and I find it irksome it wont just allow you to change class, you have to restart from the beginning with a new character.

Now I'm replaying and to be honest the initial grind in these games are so boring, and so far the new character isn't offering me anything new.

Feel I may have just wasted €9.99 on Steam.

soloer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
Omaha
What?! The mechromancer is available now? I didn't think she would be out until the 18th for some reason.

*off to play*

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
What?! The mechromancer is available now? I didn't think she would be out until the 18th for some reason.

*off to play*

Randy Pitchford announced on his twitter account that they might have a surprise in 24 hours, late last night. Turns out early this morning people were downloading ( I did mine at 7:30AM EST ) Gaige.

Deathtrap is fairly impressive, think a combination of Bloodwing/Roland's turret. He melees characters, has lasers and lightning bolts to strike flying enemies, and can shield. Great addition.

Doggman

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2012
I play this on xbox 360 and its badass. One of the best games I've played in awhile. I'd recommend it.

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
Booya!!

First story DLC to come out on Tuesday!!

"Captain Scarlett & her Pirate's Booty"

borderlands2captainscarlet.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.