Bored with the Internet now that the iPhone 5 is out

theanimala

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
I have always had a work supplied Blackbery and about 6 months they changed the policy to allow for BYOD. I decided I wanted an iPhone, and since then would hit the forums daily to see hat was coming out and when.

The excitement grew as September grew closer, and then I finally get to order the iPhone 5. For the next week I was crazy on the Verizon preorder thread. Now I have the phone, have it set up the way I want it, and I'm bored!

I love the phone and it works great for me, but the waiting and excitement is gone. Oh we'll, guess I'll do the same thing 18 months from now when I'm getting close to upgrading...

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
The excitement grew as September grew closer, and then I finally get to order the iPhone 5. For the next week I was crazy on the Verizon preorder thread. Now I have the phone, have it set up the way I want it, and I'm bored!

I love the phone and it works great for me, but the waiting and excitement is gone. Oh we'll, guess I'll do the same thing 18 months from now when I'm getting close to upgrading...
Yup, in the same boat. :D haha

Mortalias

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Yep... it's always most exciting during the week of waiting for it to ship.

Being bored of the internet is probably a good thing anyway. Have fun with the shiny new toy!

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2011
I totally agree. Just like the MacBook pro retina hype, it eventually died down. No more excitement threads such as "My iPhone is in the same flight as yours".

Rat-Boy

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2008
Georgia
The status of my iPhone 5 order is still "on back order."

Bored is not what I would call my current state. :)

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Okay, understand that you figured out it is just a phone.

But, I do not understand why "bored with the internet"?

Jspring86

Suspended
Oct 7, 2011
Tempe, AZ
If you return the phone, someone else can get some gratification, then you can order a new one and experience the excitement over again?

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
Same here. The Internet comes so fast I burn through the websites I normally frequent. Now I'm just spending more time here haha

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I agree. The iOS section has really picked up now too. We all know the phone, playing with the software is more interesting.

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
This is very true with everything.

You wait and wait and wait, so impatiently for something that you want. You dream of it, picture it in your hands, spend time researching it, etc.

Then you get it, admire it for a second, activate it, and then it just becomes your phone.

Not that the excitement really leaves, but it becomes normal. I still admire my 4S and I've had it for 10 months.