BORN IN THE USA? Army officer 'flagged' for challenging Obama

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Scooterman1, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

An Army Officer refuses to take orders based on how Obama refuses to show proof of U.S. Citizenship. According to this report, ALL records relating to him have been sealed, and Lawyers respond quickly and march on anyone trying to get into his records.

Interesting Article.
    http://patriotupdate.com/stories/read/3423/Eligibility-challenger-to-go-public-today

I hope this hasn't already been posted. If so, delete it.

2. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

So when's the court martial and why hasn't it happened already?

3. Scooterman1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

The article says others have also refused before. No one was prosecuted because under discovery law, they could cause him to have to show proof in order to prove the defendants case. And there seems to be reason that the Military (with Obama as Commander and Chief) is afraid to place Obama in that predicament.

The article, in the link above, is long but WELL worth reading.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Oh Christ, you link to the "Free Press For a Conservative Revolution" and want us to take anything on that site seriously? :rolleyes:

Court martial this traitor and give him a dishonorable discharge. Obama was born in America. End. Of. Story.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Sounds like the next not-Joe the not-Plumber type conservative hero. He'll probably make a bundle off the wingnut welfare parade he'll get once he writes a book, and perhaps gets a column on some right-wing blog somewhere. Nothing like a good martyr story to get the benjamins rolling in.

6. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I haven't heard about that, perhaps the army officer should relook into the claim, and see how his birth certificate has been released, verified by many media sources,and even new papers articles talking to his birth from the 60s have been shown.

Quite frankly, this army officers claim is false, and the Army should follow standard practice for those who refuse to obey their commanding officer

7. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Being in the military does limit your free speech when it comes to criticizing the President I believe( any military people out there that can confirm or correct me?).

Plus, he did disobey orders that are not unlawful.

8. Hmac macrumors 68020

I don't know if Obama was born in America or not, but he probably was, and for the purposes of this case, it doesn't matter. He is the elected and legal commander in chief. Our military personnel, especially officers, don't get to use their position to make political statements. I hope this is worth his career and a general discharge, because that's where this is headed.

9. Scooterman1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

I really don't believe the one supplied from Hawaii is a real one. That is one that is printed as a copy for anyone that orders another. When he was born, that isn't the one that was being used, even in Hawaii, at the time.
    I had dual citizenship until I was 18, as I was born in another country by an American Parent (abroad in the U.S. Military). I had more that one Birth Certificate. One was real, the other was a report of birth abroad. It was then filed in the County of which my father lived when I arrived in the U.S. That is the type you may see like Obama has supplied. According to investigations, ALL of the Hawaii birth reports concerning him have been sealed. Even Hospital Records that would also show evidence.

Maybe he IS a U.S. Citizen. But why has he gone to such great lengths to hide all records? There is almost as much controversy surrounding his birth, as the Kennedy assassination. You would think that if he is an American Citizen, and not naturalized, he would want to show it. A naturalized citizen isn't eligible to become President according to the Constitution.

All Military personnel are taught to question orders as to whether they are 'Lawful Orders'. If Obama isn't a U.S. Citizen, it isn't a lawful order. The Navy personnel on trial now, are a perfect example of why and order should be questioned.

However, Obama didn't give this man the Order to report for transfer overseas.

The funny thing is, I think this is a legitimate thing with this Officer as he is in line to be promoted to Colonel in about 2 years. He has probably given that up for what he believes in.

Like I said, it is interesting to read the entire article. It's pretty obvious, with the comments here, that not everyone is reading the article all the way through.

10. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

may I ask how you know this?

11. Scooterman1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

I don't know that he will be court martialed..... like the article points out. The Military has been reluctant to prosecute previous cases, because they seem to not want to open the possibility for a discovery motion for real evidence of Birth. The very thing this Officer was required to provide for deployment overseas.

12. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

There were birth announcements in both of Honolulu's major newspapers in August 1961 announcing the birth of Barack Obama. So either back in 1961 there was a conspiracy to have some random Kenyan baby run for president 45 years later so they put in fake birth announcements, or Obama was born in the US and the birthers are full of ****.

I'm going with the latter.

birth.jpg

That's how.

13. Scooterman1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

If you were a little more resourceful, you would find that what you have posted, IS NOT the Birth Certificate used in Hawaii in 1961. How do you explain that? Research before answering. You should also note, even on the one supplied, they have blocked out the certificate number so that it cannot be verified. And Hawaii refuses to open it's books for verification. His records have been SEALED.

14. Queso macrumors G4

Maybe they sealed them because Barack was born with both sets of genitalia. Maybe he's also America's first mixed-gender president.

Maybe what I've just typed in is a heap of ********.

15. yg17, Apr 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2010

yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Why should he have to show it? No other previous president has. Just to appease a few racist Tea Party nutjobs who wouldn't believe anything he released to be authentic anyways? He could release this so-called "real birth certificate" and you people would dismiss it and whine and complain about something else about it, so why bother? His administration has more important stuff to worry about than attempt to appease a bunch of right wing whackos who won't believe anything Obama says or does.

By the way, that birth certificate he released? World Net Daily, a right wing website, looked at it and said it was authentic. If Wing Nut Daily authenticated it, then the damn thing is real.

16. Scooterman1, Apr 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2010

Scooterman1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

You're right. Why on earth have a U.S. Constitution. The requirement for a President is just another thing in there, like Freedom Of Speech, that's a waste. I don't know why our forefathers wasted so much time writing it. No one wants to pay attention to it anyway.

17. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Why didn't you guys ask for George Bush's or Ronald Reagan's birth certificate? This birther nonsense is racism, plain and simple.

And what about this? Birth announcements in two Honolulu papers.

18. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

Look, you're setting yourself up to be convinced that he's not a US citizen no matter what he does. Some people made the preposterous claim that he wasn't a US citizen, and it really didn't deserve a response. He eventually obliged and provided his birth certificate. Then those same people claim that it's not the "long form" and therefore it doesn't count, another preposterous claim. If Obama were to release his "long form" the next thing out of your mouth would be, "Why did it take so long for him to release it? It must be fake."

I'm curious, do you want the president to have to dispel every preposterous claim made about him? "The president has sex with horses! I demand that he provide proof otherwise!"

19. Queso macrumors G4

Isn't it amazing how these days in America you can propose any old crap providing you do so under the guise of Patriotism? It's almost like the nutjobs believe declaring yourself as a Patriot immediately shields your theories from all scrutiny :rolleyes:

20. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

The HI birth certificate he released is consistent with other HI BCs:
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2008/jun/27/obamas-birth-certificate-part-ii/

21. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

So if he wasn't born here, it's up to you to prove it. Saying "well, that color isn't right", or "his records have been sealed" isn't a basis for a claim of that magnitude. It's up to you to find some proof that Obama was born somewhere other than where all evidence points to right now, and it's up to you to explain how Obama's name appeared in the Hawaiian papers announcing his birth.

So far, all anyone has presented is tinfoil-hat style conspiracy stuff that hasn't passed muster with any credible fact checker.

Birthers are really some of the most clueless people around. Where's the proof? And by proof I mean something tangible that says he was born elsewhere, not just questions about "why doesn't this ink look right"?

22. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Why does no one stop to question whether the rule that a President must be US born even makes sense anymore? It's almost as antiquated a policy as being born in the US makes you an automatic citizen (see US birth tourism thread).

23. Scooterman1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

Some questions being raised, and why proving would be beneficial......
    WND....
    Quote from the U.S. Army "Lt. Col Lakin is free to express his personal views. The Army has no comment on his concerns, nor the views that he espoused," Wright told WND.
    Hemenway said the medical suggestions were delivered to Lakin today while he is on leave, only hours after WND contacted the Pentagon and Army headquarters, asking for comment.
    She said the suggestion – at this point – remained "informal."
    But the background already has been assembled in the case, should there be a prosecution, for the defense to come to court with specific demands for proof of the validity of the chain of command, up to the commander in chief.

"Rather than contesting the suit," Day wrote, "the Army took the highly peculiar step of revoking the major's deployment order, suggesting that the Pentagon generals are not entirely confident that they can demonstrate the legitimacy of their purported commander in chief.

"It is one thing for Obama to deny the curiosity of the American public by hiding behind the courts. It is very much another for him to deny the right of the men and women of the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines, who are sworn to risk their lives upholding the Constitution of the United States of America, to be certain their orders are legitimate," he said.

24. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Why didn't any soldier ever question whether their orders from George Bush were legitimate by asking for his birth certificate? May it have something to do with the fact that he's white? :rolleyes:

25. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Or McCain's for that matter. Was he really born in Panama?