Bose Ie2 or Beats In Ear

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by testdrive, Apr 26, 2012.

1. testdrive macrumors member

I am new to these expensive earphones. I have heard really good things about both of these in-earphones. Now, the question is which ones are better in terms of sound quality and durability?

My spending range is around $100. So please if you know any place to get either at a great price, please mention that in reply. Also, please specify which beats model i should get as there as couple types of in-ear ones (price range is mentioned).

2. SurferMan macrumors 65816

Neither, Klipsch S4i, or Shures or others in that range that are better for the money

3. eclipse01, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2012

eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I have tried both the Klipsch Image S4's and the Bose's (which I currently own)

when it comes to sound the Klipsch sound better mostly because they go all the way in your ear canal and isolate all the sound around you. However to me they became really uncomfortable after about an hours use.

The Bose's are not meant to be sound isolating but have a unique design that keeps them in your ear better then the Klipsch, which is great if you are a runner...

also they are EXTREMELY comfortable, I can keep these things in my ear 8 hours straight without a problem.

of course everybodys ears are different and all this is just my opionion.

Edit: I just would like to add that if my Bose Ie2 were not giving to me as a gift I would not have paid $100 for them, however I did end up returning my Klipsch's due to them hurting my ears and the fact that my $30 Sonys provided more comfort and sounded just as great if not better.

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I'm not the search police. I've seen a few really good threads on headphones / earbuds in these forums so if you haven't poked around already, I suggest you do if you don't get the information in this thread.

Good luck!

5. FeMac macrumors newbie

Sennheiser earbuds are quite nice, and would fall within your budget.

6. jj48 macrumors regular

Seconded. I like the Sennheisers (although I have had a few break on me lately).

This is what most people will suggest for your price range and I would probably recommend that you give these headphones some consideration because they're great. If you like in-ear isolating buds I would definitely recommend the Klipsch.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

1st off bose Klipish Shure headphones etc are not in the same category as beats.. the 1st group tries give realistic sound response. Beats and that group is those that looking for Bass heavy sounds. So you 1st need to decide if you want Audiophile type IEM's or Bass heavy Beats. I'm not even saying one is better or the other depends on your taste. A great review thread this is the best thread review I have ever found 236 IEM's from a well respected Audiophile. http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-236-iems-compared-vsonic-gr06-gr01-added-04-19-12

8. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

I have the beats and I like them. I've got a few pair of high end in-ears and I think they are great. That's my .02

9. BlizzardBolt macrumors 6502

10. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Beats in air? New headphones?

Yeah, you should always see what's cool before you buy ANYTHING! Goodness forbid you aren't cool.

11. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

I did a lot of research and trial and error and found out that what sounds good to one person sounds like crap to someone else.

I ended up with meelectronics I bought at Amazon. They sound fantastic. Excellent highs and a good amount of bass but not overwhelming. The mids are also well tuned. You can clearly hear the singers voice yet it's not overpowering. Excellent headset and I highly recommend it.

I also bought a pair of Monster Turbines (from Monster's refurb store) which also sound fantastic. I would say just a bit better than the meelectronics.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004OBZ2U4/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1335489157&sr=8-1

http://www.monstercable.com/outletstore/linelist.asp

12. appleofmy"i" macrumors regular

appleofmy"i"

I have to put my vote in for Shures, theyre my brand I swear by. I really don't think Bose is that great.

13. drober30 macrumors 6502a

This pretty much sums it up. You might get better sound from a sound isolating ear phone )one that you cram in your ear to block out all other sounds) but they are not comfortable.

I really enjoy the Bose, they feel great, never come out and work great with the phone.

14. terraphantm macrumors 68040

I like my ultimate ears triplefi10s. If money isn't a huge object, I would consider Shure's SE535s. Hifiman Re0s are quite good for the price (and will still sound better than the Bose and beats headphones)

15. Old Muley macrumors 6502a

Old Muley

My wife got me a pair of the Bose IE (1st generation) headphones a while back. The sound is good enough, but I find these to be very delicate. We got the kids IE2's and both have had problems. My daughter's left channel no longer works, and my son's has had insulation start to rub though to the wires (same thing happened to mine). None of us are abusive toward our equipment, so I don't think that the issues we've had can be blamed on us. For the price I don't find the Bose to be worth it.

16. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

all thoughts about sound quality aside, I've owned the Bose, Kilpsch S4i, and the beats, and found that the beats, while they looked the best, were both the most uncomfortable and of the lowest build quality. The bose lasted me over a year (then they got stolen), the Kilpsch have been doing great for the last 4 months or so without any wear and tear (though I take great care of them, or at least try to...as I did with all my headphones), but the beats had frayed/coming apart cables both at the split and at the jack within a couple months.

Unless you're mostly concerned with the aesthetics of the headphones, or really want super bassy music, skip on the beats

17. rattler macrumors member

I've had the Beats and Bose, and the Bose are way better. The beats, like mentioned before, look good but are overpriced and the sound quality is below average for the price.

18. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Sound quality is always highly subjective. I'd say neither in terms of sound quality but there are certainly fans of both. You need to try them out to determine which one you'd prefer unless you can share some more details on your music and sound preferences for others to attempt to make recommendations.