Bose Soundlink or Jawbone Jambox or iHome iW1 (or other)?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by wangchunggti337, Dec 23, 2011.

1. wangchunggti337 macrumors regular

wangchunggti337

I am looking to pick up some wireless speakers to use while studying abroad. I want something that will work as my main speakers... this way I can hook them up to my phone or computer to listen to music or lectures... or to augment sound when watching movies or shows.

I've tested out the Bose Soundlink and was doesn't impressed my the sound quality and volume, but have not been able to test out the jambox or iW1.

Just looking for something that is quality and will last. Battery life and sound quality are also important. Anyone have experience with these?

I would jump on the Bose but it seems like a lot for $300... might be worth it, though.

2. flynz4 macrumors 68040

The Jawbone sounds very poor to me. I was really hoping it would be good... but I was quite disappointed. Also, I read a bunch of customer reviews at Amazon and other places, and the feedback was mixed.

I have not looked very closely to the Bose (although I did listen to the demo tonight at a Fry's store). I do not know what Bose was thinking when they did not include speakerphone capability into the Soundlink. That is a show-stopper for me. From what I could tell in a crowded store... it was better than the Jawbone... but the environment was not good enough for critical listening.

/Jim

3. wangchunggti337 thread starter macrumors regular

wangchunggti337

I'm also surprised to hear that the bose doesn't have speakerphone.... weird.