Boston - iPhone 6 meetup thread

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by cschorer79, Sep 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cschorer79 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone...4 days away and I can't wait!! Anyone going to the launch in Boston or Burlington, MA? I'm trying to decide which location and how aggressive I want to be on the time I start to camp.

Look forward to hearing from you!

2. cschorer79 thread starter macrumors newbie

PS....they are saying it's going to be about 40* with Frost on Thursday night/Friday morning. Good times.

3. cschorer79 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just drove by the Boylston St location and we officially have our first camper. Anyone else showing up Thursday night or Friday morning? Let me know!

4. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Boylston is going to be nuts. I'll be there around 7-7:30 AM to get into the pre-order line to get my 6+.

And are there any campers yet? I bet there is.

5. cschorer79 thread starter macrumors newbie

Auto....I drove by yesterday and I saw one camper outside in his chair. I agree with you, it's going to be insane. I'm questioning on if I should go to a different location, but I've heard that many won't let you line up until 6am (and that will be a ***** show).

6. Texasian macrumors newbie

I was running errands on Boylston today and made a point to check for campers at the Boylston street store. Didn't see a single one. Maybe the city isn't letting them camp so far ahead because they'd block other storefronts?

I'll probably end up hitting up Cambridgeside for my phone Friday morning. I honestly like that store better, its smaller and doesn't have brushed stainless/aluminum everywhere.

7. mbrown71189 macrumors newbie

I'll be at Burlington 5am. Got a couple of friends who I used to work with at the Apple store there. They said they aren't letting people line up until the mall opens at 6, but I'll head there at 5. Worst case is wait in the car until they open at 6.

Yea it's going to be a cold one!

8. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Any update?

I'll be driving by around midnight to check out the line. :cool:

9. vaps22 macrumors newbie

Really 6 am? Think it's going to be that crazy? I'm excited but I also want to go get in and out. Think 7 will be ok? I pre-ordered and picking up at Burlington, Ma.

10. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

If anyone is around the Boylston store around 7ish, it would be cool to meet some of you. PM me. I'll be in line or at Starbucks.

Hopefully the preorder line doesn't take too long!

11. mbrown71189 macrumors newbie

Yea if you pre-ordered you should be in and out real quick, even at 7. They'll have two lines: one for pre-orders - where your phone is reserved, you just show ID, scan the barcode email you should receive soon, then leave. Then there will be one for those who didn't have a pre-order, and are just hoping to score one on launch day.

I doubt it will be crazy, but I have to go to work tomorrow and be in by 9. So I want to be one of the first so I can go in, get the phone, and get out by around 8:30, 8:40. Do I think this will happen? Probably not, but it's worth a shot. If the line is huge when I get there, then I'll just go home and go back to sleep.

12. vaps22 macrumors newbie

Did you preorder one? I'm hoping to be out by 9 is that possible? Eek I'm excited/nervous

13. mbrown71189 macrumors newbie

Nahh, I didn't pre-order one, which is why I'm going so early. I think at a store like Burlington (where it's not a flagship, but still a good size) you'll be good going at 7 and out by 9.

14. vaps22 macrumors newbie

Thank you so much for your advice! I'm obviously excited :)

15. cschorer79 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, quick update. So I went to Boylston, got there at 5pm....50+ people already in line. I wasn't going to take the chance to spend all night there and not get aPlus. I just found an ATT store just outside of boston that will have some tomorrow and I'm the first one here. I'm insane for wanting this phone so bad.

Good luck everyone!

16. vaps22 macrumors newbie

Burlington Update: just stopped by on my way to dinner and they said kind of what we all know that there will be two lines and the mall opens at 6am.
    He said that they have a lot of preorders so that line will go faster but still will take some time. So for people like me who have stuff to do sounds like getting there earlier will be better.

17. Protokoll macrumors member

Did you find out if the line outside will be at the Legal entrance or the Uno's entrance? I heard both answers.

18. vaps22 macrumors newbie

They didn't say. Just that the mall would be open.

19. whitehall macrumors newbie

Just saw brief news coverage on the iPhone 6 lines at Boylston Street: it APPEARS that they've already set up the TWO lines.

What APPEARS as the walkin line now goes from the entrance, around the corner all the way to Newbury street.

The SECOND line (I assume it's for us who preordered) contains ABOUT 20 people.

Glad I saw this - I think I'll show up at 9:30, since I KNOW they'll have my phone. But I'll check on the AM news tomorrow.

20. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Just went to Boylston street store. The non pre order line is easily 120+ deep. 3/4s are Asian scalpers.

Good luck to those who actually want one for themsleves!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

21. Protokoll macrumors member

Burlington update. All doors are opening at 6. Uno's is closest. Security is booting people but I've seen about 10 people circling the lot. They're fairly adamant about 6 AM but I'm going to try at 430, 5 and 5:30 will be a good time to just walk over. If anyone else is in the area and wants to grab Dunks or something just reply.

22. vaps22 macrumors newbie

So Burlington is pretty busy. I'd say like 200+ people. They have yet to desperate lines. The woman (who is also getting kinda grouchy) says they are going to hand out reservations based on availability.

Omg this little Asian girl behind offered to pay me cash if I would buy her phone. They are now handing out water and granola bars.

23. cschorer79 thread starter macrumors newbie

For everyone needing an ATT Plus phone. The manager says he has "plenty" of 6+ phones at the AT&T store in Woburn. 8 people in line right now.

Just wanted you to know.

Craig

24. optophobia macrumors 6502a

optophobia

what was the outcome?

25. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Looks like Apple has sent a large shipment to all the Boston stores today. Most of the stores are showing availability for Plus in all the colors for AT&T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.