Bottom Left of iTouch 3g, Loose, Swoosh, Click Sound

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BrioCloud, Jan 29, 2010.

1. BrioCloud macrumors member

Hi. I am very OCD about my iTouch, and one time I was on the bed and fell asleep with it next to me, I woke up with it next to me and was afraid I slept on it so I checked it immensely. I don't know if it made it worst or got it started, but the bottom left of the screen now makes a swoosh sound when pressed. You must hold it close to your face and press around the left sides and bottom of the iTouch in order to hear it creak. I am very saddened by this, and was looking for some consolidation. Can somebody else give me some feedback of this problem? Thank you.

2. Mr.Goodbar macrumors member

Mr.Goodbar

3. BrioCloud thread starter macrumors member

I should go to a genius bar? That's an apple store right?

Edit: Do I need a receipt to return it?

4. BrioCloud thread starter macrumors member

Can somebody please tell me if they also have this problem? And answer about the genius problem? It's really bugging me.

5. kunal123 macrumors member

Depending on when the ipod was made you will not need a receipt. Your receipt shows the date you bought it but the serial no. will show when it was manufactured. They choose the 2nd date if you don't have the receipt.

6. BrioCloud thread starter macrumors member

I was just debating on whether this is worth the return. I can't hear it if I don't put it close to my ear. And also, when I press the bottom left after a period of not touching it, I can feel it go down awkwardly.

7. tucker61 macrumors regular

I had same problem. got replaced by sending off to apple. Replacement was same. Went to genius bar and was advised it was not a issue. Will go again when in last month of warranty.

8. BrioCloud thread starter macrumors member

I'm glade you had the problem also and the replacement was the same. This makes me feel better. That means I might get the same problem with the new one, so I might as well keep mine. =]