Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chariotofFIRE

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
Hello guys, I had my computer for almost 2 years. No problems. I got AC and it was my first time calling.... Picture lower.

The bottom of my macbook pro seems tarnished from the heat, in the region above the battery and under the keys of num lock and some other places as well. The size of the tarnished aluminum is about the size of the quarter and I just thought I'd call to see if there was a problem. I'm having a repair box sent to me tomorrow... but does anyone know of this problem????

I know I did not do the problem seeing that I never even remove the computer off the table.

It runs hot and..... I just had my first black screen of death where you had to click Power button to restart.

So.. let me know. thanks!

-David

chariotofFIRE

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
Oh and I never had a problem w/ the computer before this. Runs great in my mind. Kinda slow after 2 years. 120GB HD isn't cutting it either.

Patriks7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2008
Vienna
Wow. I never heard of anything like that. Maybe you used it on some kind of surface that could have caused it?
Anyway, I hope all goes well with your replacement/repair.

rroback

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2007
looks like grime, and rubbing. How can you tell it's heat related? To tarnish the al. body, I would think the battery would have to be in flames.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Just looks like wear and tear.

My old MBP looked the same on the bottom - being bashed on the desk, being exposed to other bits of crud underneath it.

Kept the top spotless though!

chariotofFIRE

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
Its such an awkward tarnish, I don't move my computer outside my dorm room.

I don't ever carry it around, nor do I put a rock under the same spot daily.

I don't have the blemish on the keyboard palm rest either.

Just weird.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.