Bought a 13" rMBP but concerned about blur/size/speed/heat etc

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cherrysftw, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Cherrysftw macrumors member

Hello this is the first mac laptop I've bought. I love using it thus far but I've found it to be a tiny bit small, or maybe due to my perspective having used 15" based windows laptops in the past. Will I become accustomed to the 13" with time or should I go back and get the 15"? I gotta admit though, the 13" body is alot more aesthetic than that of the 15". Im just having typing issues/hand placement issues with the 13". So not particularly the screen, but the body of the laptop.

Also this is the med one, so 2.4ghz dual core i5, 8GB ram. I tried playing Old School RuneScape (as a test) and it had the laptop going really loud and it was getting warm. The game is really old and I didn't expect it to do that seeing it has such high specs. It was lagging too, with non-existent FPS. All other apps/programs were closed. It seems that I cannot seem to play a low graphic game every now and then, why is it doing this?

Also I have noticed a lot of blurring in certain text/images etc. I read that this was inevitable as retina is not in full effect, but is there anyway to reduce/negate this effect?

Cheers

2. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

I have no blurring and I have the base 13"

I believe you can get use to the keyboard.

Not sure about the game since I don't play any.

good luck

3. iPaintCode macrumors regular

iPaintCode

Over time you will adapt, it's mind over matter ;)

I use to hate the new style keyboards but over time I can't type on anything else... Go figure.

4. Cherrysftw thread starter macrumors member

5. sonyisawesome macrumors regular

13" will crank up that heat like George Foreman grill when you are playing games.

The heat will be worse than 15" since everything is so compact.

6. Cherrysftw thread starter macrumors member

Damn, I only wanted to play those 2 games in the existance of this laptop. Does that mean the rMBP isnt for me?

Everything else is doing perfect, just the blurring im concerned about and lagging in certain areas.