bought a 16G AT&T black today at Besty Buy

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kevjen888, Mar 22, 2011.

1. kevjen888 macrumors 6502

there's a Best Buy store literally right next to where i work. all morning long i was using the inventory checker to see if the inventory changed, since i read earlier a lot of BBs are getting 3G models in this week. sure enough around lunch time the status changed from "no inventory" to "available-in store only", needless to say, i rushed to the store right away. i had to talked the guy there into selling it to me, i mentioned the online inventory checked and also mentioned i reserved an exact model with their store last week and i'm 3rd on the list. he ended up opened the locker and took one out for me. this is the exact model, color i wanted, now i have to sell my white 16G wifi i bought from Target last Saturday, :D.

2. dru106 macrumors member

Nice!! Did u open and used the one u bought from target?

3. kevjen888 thread starter macrumors 6502

unfortunately i did. if Target not going to charge the 15% restocking fee, i rather return it back to them. but 15% of 499 is almost $75. i will sell it just to recoup my cost, unlike those scalpers.

4. DizzyV6P macrumors regular

DizzyV6P

With such a hot item, I doubt Target will charge the 15% fee. I'd give it a shot to return to Target first.

5. kevjen888 thread starter macrumors 6502

it's their store policy, has nothing to do with the item. once it's opened, 15% restocking fee will be accessed.