Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
I bought an iPhone 8 few days ago directly from Apple, brand new, paying full price. It is a gift.

I have no regrets even though it's 2019.

I might have gotten a better price had a I shopped around but I wanted it hassle free and quickly.

Let me just say, my experience shopping on Apple's site was FLAWLESS.

Ordered it pretty late and it literally came the next day. Not even late the next day.

I couldn't be happier with the experience and as much criticism Apple gets, I feel like they are still the best company in the world for reasons like this.

Smooth ordering experience, ridiculously fast delivery, FLAWLESS product.

Thank you Apple :)

majkom

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2011
Lol, that “experience” is same here with any better eshop... nothing special

narc1981

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2013
No need to write a post if you don't have regrets.

You could have paid 200$ less buying it anywhere but not Apple Store and you have realized it and feel bad for that, I understand.

ilikewhey

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2014
nyc upper east
wow funny cause i just bought an 8 also, but from ebay, the guy kept in screen and case protector since day 1 so i guess its mint enough lol.

i was so close picking up a used x but i find the 8 to be more of a workhorse than the x since i still find the face id to be gimmicky and touch id im too used to it.

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
Lol I have an 8 Plus and I absolutely love it.

The XS and XS Max are fantastic phones too. The 8/8 Plus is no slouch either--they have the same A11 Bionic chip as in the iPhone X.

Must feel good to buy and freshly open a brand new 8 from Apple though. 100% Battery, absolutely mint.

What color, size did you get OP?

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
Lol I have an 8 Plus and I absolutely love it.

The XS and XS Max are fantastic phones too. The 8/8 Plus is no slouch either--they have the same A11 Bionic chip as in the iPhone X.

Must feel good to buy and freshly open a brand new 8 from Apple though. 100% Battery, absolutely mint.

What color, size did you get OP?

I got the the gold 8 64GB

—————-

For those asking, IT WAS A GIFT!!!

And I needed it ASAP.

As to why I’m posting?

Bc of my flawless experience.

We complain about Apple but should say good things when we’re happy

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
I got the the gold 8 64GB

—————-

For those asking, IT WAS A GIFT!!!

And I needed it ASAP.

As to why I’m posting?

Bc of my flawless experience.

We complain about Apple but should say good things when we’re happy

Not sure what you are so excited about. Please name a few websites where the shopping experience is flawed and state what exactly the issue was you encountered.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
Not sure what you are so excited about. Please name a few websites where the shopping experience is flawed and state what exactly the issue was you encountered.

I don’t know any right off the bat

Ebok

Suspended
Aug 22, 2018
I mean it’s pretty hard to **** this up as a company.

Person clicks a button and orders a device.
Gets said device delivered to their door.

I’m pretty sure EVERY online retailer operates this way (ok maybe not every, not the scammers)

Reactions: puma1552

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
This seems like a rather silly thread. Are you more excited about the product or the ordering-and-delivery process? I've ordered from the Apple website in the past and had flawless experiences, too -- both in having the item delivered via FedEx or UPS within a couple days and -- this is the really cool thing -- via local courier within an hour and fifteen minutes on the same day after I placed my order. Flawless!

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
I bought an iPhone 8 few days ago directly from Apple, brand new, paying full price. It is a gift.

I have no regrets even though it's 2019.

Congratulations I’ve got an iPhone 8 and I love it - great product!

I prefer the touch ID not sure I’m ready for Face ID - lol

Enjoy your new phone :)

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
I mean it’s pretty hard to **** this up as a company.

Person clicks a button and orders a device.
Gets said device delivered to their door.

I’m pretty sure EVERY online retailer operates this way (ok maybe not every, not the scammers)

Right, is this the bar for creaming ourselves? A company just does what they should do and executes a basic online purchase transaction and it gets high praise as FLAWLESS?

windmill83

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2010
Are there any special requirements for transferring a phone number from an old phone to a new phone that the seller must complete? Do some sellers do it better than others?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.