Bought a iPhone 5 on Friday, will returned on Monday

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vodkaPT, May 11, 2013.

1. vodkaPT macrumors member

Since my android have battery issues I could not longer wait for iPhone 5s and bought the iPhone 5 on Friday.

Nothing is new for me in the iPhone, I have an iPad and I am very familiarise with the iPhone.

The problem is that I am Vodafone, one of the best carries here in Germany, and it's absolutely ****. 3G always dropping, Internet very slow, apple store does not open on 3G, only wifi, it's so ridiculous. On the train I am always losing 3G and edge or H connection.

So without a good Internet connection the iPhone for me is useless, because my android with battery problems, lack of memory and poor performance, used outside have a very similar behaviour to iPhone...

In the beginning I was thinking that was a iPhone problem with the Antena or similar, but after talk to people here, everyone said that this is normal (??!!).

So, saying this, on Monday I will go back to the apple store to return the phone, I really hope that I can do it without problems.

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

Sorry it didn't work out for you. Sometimes carriers really ruin the smartphone experience for us.

3. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

I'm unfamiliar with Vodafone but that sounds terrible! Sorry to hear, I hope your future with a different phone is a better experience!

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

That's a refreshing breath of fresh air, somebody actually gave a good reason for returning his phone after 1 day.

Lots of people return theirs here because of a scratch, a blemish, leaky LCD, wrong LCD temperature, buttons not smooth enough, headphone jack 3 degrees askew, wrong color...

5. itjw macrumors 65816

My headphone jack was off exactly 1.87 degrees thank you very much!

And it was ruining my day every time I had to think about it. I shudder to think about the people who had a *gasp* SCUFF on theirs... It would literally cost them DOLLARS in resale. The horror of horrors! I hope they were able to sue Apple for the emotional distress.

As for this guy, good for him. I don't get why people care if someone else returns a product they like. I'm frankly getting tired of everyone having the exact same phone as me, and I miss the days when having an iPhone was different.

I wish MORE people would return theirs :D

6. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

A scuff certainly costs more than " dollars". I'd surely pass on a scuffed phone unless there was a serious discount. Why? Because there are plenty of phones without scuffs for sale.

Having said that, I've seen scuffs hurt resale prices on eBay. I'd certainly return an iPhone over a factory scuff...

7. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

Why didn't you just return it for another one instead of keeping it and ruining your day ? :D

8. Bahroo macrumors 68000

makes no sense... you had a android phone that ran fine on Vodafone but the iphone isnt working? either your iphone 5 is messed up or something has gone wrong with your service

9. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Sounds like your iPhone is defective. Exchange it for a new one.

10. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

No worries, he took care of it. Just a little bit of tweaking, and now the headphone jack is just fine. :)

[​IMG]

11. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

"because my android with battery problems, lack of memory and poor performance, used outside have a very similar behaviour to iPhone..."

It sounds like the android is behaving the same way. I'm assuming he's just returning the iPhone because there's no point in switching if the service isn't better.

12. itjw macrumors 65816

DUDE! How did you access my pictures??? Did that chimp I granted PoA to give you my passwords too!?!?! Freaky. I did good work on the custom screen cover though, no?

And for the other "I've seen on eBay scuffs blah blah blah..." guy:

That's BS. Just looked. There are NO "used" iPhones with "scuffs" that have sold for more than a few dollars less than any other "used" 5. Sorry to burst your bubble, but your OCD is not proof that a scuff effects the value of a used phone more than a few bucks.

Serious damage? Sure. But a mm sized "scuff" on the chamfered edge like most of the "scuffgate" crowd faints over and misses a week of work (in order to return and obsess over some more) is NOT a significant impact on resale (1-2%?), and past sales on the bay bear that out.

The reality is MOST people don't care/notice. Yes, I get that you are not "most" people. But luckily you aren't the only one buying used iPhones. Thankfully, the rest of the normals do :D.

13. cynics macrumors G4

Here in the US the App Store is really slow on Verizon's (CDMA) 3G. I don't even bother using it or downloading/updating apps unless I'm on wifi. I wouldn't say its unusable but its certainly not a pleasant experience.

However I'm sure an iPhone 5 with LTE is a more pleasant experience.

14. Bahroo macrumors 68000

much more pleasant experience