Bought a NEW 2010 Macbook Pro 13 inch, I love it, Why don't you?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DUDEMANGUY5, Apr 16, 2010.

1. DUDEMANGUY5 macrumors regular

I went to the Apple store today after school and I got my very first Mac, the 2.4 GHz, 250GB HD, 4GB RAM, Nvidia 320m graphics, 10 hour battery, 13" screen Macbook Pro.

I got the Education discount because my friends mom bought it for me (with my money), it is well worth the money. I am loving this computer, I have done HD movie editing, Photo editing, surfed the web, and made a DVD all at once and the battery is still 90% full, (the inertial scrolling is stunning) This computer is my dream computer, i could not see it any other way. The processor is new and fast, Much faster than my grandma's new 2.66 GHz Core i5 HP Windows desktop with 8 Gigs of RAM and WAY the heck faster than my 4 year old Compaq 1.73 Ghz Intel Celeron M in the laptop.

I have been reading the forums and have seen MAJOR criticism on this model of laptop, just due to the processor itself. Like how "it was the same processor in the old 15 inch macbook pro in 2007" Well i would like to tell those people that it is really different! back in 2007 (a long time right?) the 2.4 ghz processor in the Macbook pros cost up around $3000, with older non-snow leopard software.

Well Why so hesitant to buy?
    It is a great computer, the unboxing will be in HD on YouTube shortly. while i typed this, i lost maybe 1% of battery...

Any questions on the model?
    I would recommend this to anyone its a great piece of machinery!

~DUDEMANGUY5
    I AM NOW AN OFFICIAL MAC!

2. PAC88 macrumors 6502

nice, I think it's an excellent computer and the old one would be fine for my needs. I'm only dissapointed because I was looking forward to the possibility of apple finally offering an antiglare display on the 13".. and I don't want to spend an extra grand just to have that on the 15".

are you planning to get any special software for it yet?

3. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

Sounds like this is your first mac. This update is a great time for first time mac users to enter. On the other hand, those of us who have been using these things for several years or more just expected a lot more from this update. Its not that it isnt a great computer, it really is, its just that it wasnt much of and upgrade leap from the last one. Thats all.

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

The original 2.4 GHz T7700 started off at $530 only to be replaced by the T8300 at $241 in February 2008.

You're not going to see much of a change from the much more affordable ~2.2 GHz parts at the time either.

Here's my Macbook. I'll get a new Snow Leopard score in a second.

5. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

Great to hear you're enjoying your Mac. I've got a relative who just bought the same model as you and is a first time Mac owner. I didn't buy because my computer can still handle what I need to do. Have fun!:apple:

6. cathyy macrumors 6502a

Someone tell him. I can't bare to burst his bubble.

7. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

Why? Because like others have said it's not a true pro.

My dream MacBook: 13", Arrandale, discrete graphics, antiglare high res (1440x900) screen. Apples just being jerks and making me buy the 15" if I want those specs. :(

8. Sir Cecil macrumors 6502a

Very welcome post. Many people here think only of bragging rights when buying a new machine. Then, a few months later, they look scornfully on their prized laptop and ditch it because it's been updated in some minor way and someone else is doing the boasting while they suddenly feel diminished.
    You sound more sensible and more likely to put your fine Mac to good use and appreciate its strengths. Enjoy!

9. PAC88 macrumors 6502

you and I think alike.. that's what I dream of too. I have a feeling the updated MBA will have a 1440x900 display, probably not antiglare though

10. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

Actually, I had a plastic MacBook with C2D in 2006.

As others pointed out, it's a nice computer. But the processor is an old construction. We expected Apple to introduce at least an optional i3 or i5 with these 13" MBPs. And of course, anti-glare.

I don't know about Quad-core PCs, but your granny has a killer setup.

11. Sir Cecil macrumors 6502a

I doubt many of us could bear the thought of you going bare.

12. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

I'll handle it :D

No it's not champ. Your processor is old and slow compared to a core i5 processor. The windows machine might seem slower, but make no mistake, you're using a 2 year old processor.

But you know what? That's fine. If the computer meets your needs, then you're all set, and congratulations on your purchase!

13. dnkbro macrumors regular

I'd like some "benchmarks" regarding the battery life. Is it really 10 hours?

14. mark28 macrumors 68000

+1

We need some real test on how good the battery is.

15. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I can't do it either!

16. DUDEMANGUY5 thread starter macrumors regular

What I meant by "New and Fast" is that it is a "refreshing" and fast processor, its like it runs things more efficient and quiet than others

17. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you love it, that's the only thing that matters.

Congrats!

18. intolaomair macrumors newbie

hehe. i got mine yesterday. Exact same as yours.
    its a perfect laptop, especially for its price! I mean... same price as last generation macbook pro, but double ram, almost 100 gig fore HD, better graphics card, faster processor, Better battery... all for the same price :D

I guess ppl were expecting more. Its the stupid rumors man. they put everyones hopes up i guess.

19. DUDEMANGUY5 thread starter macrumors regular

I have had it off of the charger since i initially charged it (after unboxing it) at about 8pm eastern time, it has already lasted my own personal "Benchmarks" with airport and bluetooth both turned on so i have already been going on the battery at a normal 50-70% screen brightness, and it says 42% on the battery scale, I am truely believing that it is more than a 7 hour battery now

20. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

It may seem like that, but the fact is it doesn't. Processors don't make any noise at all, and efficiency is only a byproduct of speed. It is a slower, older processor. That doesn't make it a bad computer, just makes it an average computer running a great operating system.

You bought a computer that works for you. It's better than your old computer and you enjoy using it. That's great, but don't make silly claims that simply aren't true (even if you "think" they are).

But I'll say it again, it suits YOUR needs, and meets YOUR expectations, so be happy with it, and don't worry about why other people don't like it. Everyone has their reasons.

21. DUDEMANGUY5 thread starter macrumors regular

True!

AMEN TO THAT!

22. macsr1 macrumors member

Same, just bought my 13" from Apple Store about 3 hours ago. This is great. My first mac though, so I love it. Would have loved Arrandale but wow... I'm in awe.

23. moocat macrumors member

Yep, I would credit the operating system for that. I've ordered the same model. Wouldn't purchase something with a c2d but OSX trumps all.

24. gordonyz macrumors member

New 13" screen's max brightness is better (obviously)
    Congrats.

25. Ja-m-ie macrumors newbie

I hate you.

Mainly because you have what I want now =P

You are basically me about a month from now? Exams are getting in the way of life atm, so I am putting of getting a Macbook Pro, but you have just confirmed that I Want the new 13" model.

Thanks for the post - and I will be checking out your video :cool: