Bought a refurbished unibody mac last week and need some questions answered

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mikehoiu, Jun 6, 2009.

1. mikehoiu macrumors newbie

So I bought a refurbished unibody mac last week. I just couldn't pass up the price plus apple gave me an additional $100 off.

So anyways I want to upgrade the RAM from 2 gig to 4. I was going to buy the memory from Cruical. I know there was issues with non apple RAM when the Unibodies from came out. Is this still true.

I would also like to hook the computer up to my received to play movies. My received is HDMI does anyone know if the cable from monoprice will allow both video and sound to pass throught the minidvi to HDMI connection.

One last question I was going to look at purchasing the 24 inch monitor. I know it is expensive but the reviews are good. Does anyone have any input on the monitor. I do lots of work with Apple Aperture so I would like a nice monitor.

Thanks

2. JCastro macrumors 6502a

I can only speak for Crucial. It is good RAM and you shouldn't have any problems with it as long as you order the right stuff.

3. Mark2000 macrumors regular

Mark2000

Get your ram from OWC. It's cheap and guaranteed compatible. Most of my machines have samsung chips from OWC and they run great.

The MDP2HDMI will not pass audio at this time. This is Apple's problem, not monoprice's. Hopefully one day it will be fixed.

Apple's monitor is expensive, but it's an LED screen, so it should look great.