Bought a Verizon 6+ from the apple store a month ago. Just checked and its GSM only?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lifetimechaldo, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Lifetimechaldo macrumors member

Idk why i didnt realize this sooner, but my iphone model is A1522, which says it is GSM on the apple website.

I thought all verizon iphone 6+ models were supposed to be CDMA and GSM? That is what i wanted.

Any ideas on what i can do?

2. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

All A1522s are the same, in fact I heard of someone taking a T-Mobile iPhone 6 and were using on Verizon with no issue. The only iPhone that is different from them all is the Sprint model.

Now, the only way to make sure it works with Verizon is to get a Verizon SIM and try it.

FWIW, I bought my iPhone 6 Plus direct from Verizon and it shows in Apple's system as GSM.

3. Lifetimechaldo thread starter macrumors member

I know that verizon works on it (Verizon is my carrier).

I just wanted the verizon model that works on both CDMA and GSM networks for 2 reason. 1) what happens if i am not in an LTE area? If my phone doenst work on CDMA then i will be brought down to edge? 2) Resale value when i sell it

4. cuongnq macrumors member

A1522 is MM. Check out my post: http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=20471896&postcount=14

5. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

every single unlocked iPhone 6 or 6 plus will work on verizon.

verizon will not activate it or start a new line of service if you give them a MEID # they do not like

if you somehow activate the sim card in another verizon device, and then insert it into your iphone 6 or 6 plus that you bought unlocked, it will magically become a verizon phone and it will be happy in its verizon world

features such as VoLTE , simultaneous voice and data, Visual Voice Mail , Hotspot might take reseeding the sim card (powering up the iPhone with no sim card and then inserting sim card) to activate

those features may take a few days to eventually come live

CDMA calling works outside the box, theres no need to worry about cdma being turned off.

if anyone tells you that the iPhone 6 will not work because it is not a CDMA phone, politely shake your head and walk away

the only thing that prevents any iPhone 6 from being activated on verizon, is verizon. threes nothing in the phone that is not compatible with verizon.

the only difference is sprint models. they have 4 extra channels

6. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

If Verizon works, then it's CDMA and GSM

7. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

There's an easy way to find out: On your phone, go to Settings -> Cellular -> Enable LTE and turn it off.

Are you still on Verizon? Then you're on CDMA.

Verizon does not give its customers access to any EDGE networks in the US. It's for international roaming only.

Your resale value is unaffected. All iPhone 6 models have CDMA capability. You're fine.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Op you clearly don't get how the Verizon iPhone 6 functions.
    It is cdma compatible but only on verizons network.
    It's also gsm compatible worldwide.

9. Lifetimechaldo thread starter macrumors member

So when I go to resell this phone, I will be able to sell it to a person who has any carrier or to someone overseas, correct? When I sold my Verizon iPhone 5 the person I sold it to took it to India and it still worked