Bought an iPhone 5s; Did anyone else get an incorrect receipt?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Blakey., Sep 24, 2013.

1. Blakey. macrumors member

So I bought an iPhone 5s on launch morning at an Apple store and I believe I was given the wrong receipt. I was curious to see my receipt, so I pulled it up and it was for someone else. It also had a lightning connector, a case, and Apple Care+, none of which I bought. It shows the person's name, email address, all of her purchased products' IDs, her phone number, and the last four numbers of her credit card. Pretty odd that they would make a mixup like that when it came to my email address as opposed to hers. Did anyone else have this happen?

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Bought mine from Best Buy without any extras, so yes, mine receipt is accurate.

3. c613m macrumors 6502

c613m

I'd be going back to the Apple Store and talking to a manager about that. You need your original receipt as proof of purchase and warranty reasons. I would request one from them.

4. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

The Apple store has always emailed me my receipt, the right one.

I would call as the stores are crazy and i do not know if it would be worth it for me to go though that.

You receipt is NOT needed for warranty work. Apple know by just looking at the serial number.

5. pure3d2 macrumors 6502

The warranty period is kind of funky. If you bought your product on 09/24/2013, it would say that your warranty expires on 09/23/2013. I had an issue with the trackpad on my MacBook Air. I brought it in a day after the "expiration" date, but since I had my original receipt, a manager looked at it and said my warranty should still be valid for that day.

6. Nothlit macrumors regular

I had this happen once, not for a purchase receipt, but for a Genius Bar appointment followup (statement of work + link to survey). Very odd that it can even happen at all, but if I were you I'd follow up with the store manager by phone or email until you get it straightened out.

7. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

You don't really need the receipt as prof of purchase if you're going to return, exchange, or warranty service it. They can look it up by credit card or even by serial number.

8. Blakey. thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies. While I may return the phone and wait it out for a gold one, I can't help but wonder who my receipt went to. It's not good if personal information of people is going out to random people. I went there though and they got me a correct receipt.