Bought an verizon iphone 5 on ebay

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by truelies, Sep 18, 2013.

1. truelies macrumors regular

It's used. The seller claims clean ESN, but I can't activate the phone both through wireless and itune. I am planning to use it on tmobile. I don't have an verizon account. What can I do to activate it? Thanks

2. aneftp macrumors 68040

Find someone with Verizon iphone (or moto x) that you know. Someone's gotta have a verizon active nano sim. You need to find someone with active nano sim from verizon.

Put verizon nano sim into phone and see if that will activate the iphone you got used.

3. truelies thread starter macrumors regular

The seller does include a verizon nano card in the phone, but I can't activate using that card.

4. aneftp macrumors 68040

I mean find someone with an active Verizon nano sim and use it to activate the phone

5. SimsDelt macrumors member

Remember on Ebay if you cannot activate the phone due to a bad ESN you can use Buyer Protection and you will get a full refund.

6. CEmajr macrumors 601

If you're planning to use it with tmobile then just put your tmobile SIM card in to activate it. You don't have to use a verizon one.

7. CBillups1 macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

the Verizon is unlocked right out the box, does NOT need a verizon sim to activate.

even if it has a bad ESN you should still be able to use on tmobile as well. But would NOT work on verizon.

8. truelies thread starter macrumors regular

It was apple's active server's problem. Activated later when I tried again.