Bought AppleCare+ after getting my iPhone, now what?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by armoredsaint, Sep 24, 2012.

1. armoredsaint macrumors regular

armoredsaint

I went into an Apple Store, sales rep checked it out to make sure no pre-existing damage etc and I paid for the AC+.

Do I need to register again or will I get an email later to confirm?

2. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

You shouldn't have to do anything else. If you go to this link and log in, it will (after a few days, probably) show you your agreement.

3. armoredsaint thread starter macrumors regular

armoredsaint

thanks! i assume it takes time for the website to show my status :D

4. Steve686 macrumors 68020

Steve686

Now what?

Break it and be happy you have AppleCare!

5. brand macrumors 601

brand

Dang I just came here to post this. :D

6. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

If you bought it from an AT&T or Verizon store is the procedure the same?

7. forza1976 macrumors regular

I added AC+ on Saturday and it was already on my profile about 2 hours later. Honestly, I bet it was there immediately after they approved my payment and finalized the order. Their integration architecture is likely pretty efficient.

8. armoredsaint thread starter macrumors regular

armoredsaint

lol :d

9. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

Wow, that was pretty quick! I added Applecare + this past Friday and it still does not show up. In my experience though it does take a few days though. At least it did when I added it to my daughters ipad 2.

10. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Haha, #winning!

11. armoredsaint thread starter macrumors regular

armoredsaint

FYI...

apple agreements and contacts dept told me just now it will take about 5 business days for it to show up on-line as active.

12. GUCCIMAN macrumors regular

Hi, don't mean to hijack this thread but It kinda relates and I don't want to clog the main forum with apple care posts lol...

anyway, so in a nutshell, what would happen if:

1. I got apple care+ for my Iphone 5, which I got thru a carrier.
    2. I have 1 year warranty WITH MY CARRIER, I can exchange phones for $35 fee for refurbished ones
    3. If I swap my phone out with my carrier just before one year, what happens to my apple care warranty since I registered it to the serial/imei of the original iphone 5? I'd still have 1 year of apple care warranty after, would that transfer onto the new device i receive from my carrier?

My carrier is Rogers btw.

13. Stangs55 macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

Hmm...my AppleCare+ is not showing up on that link and I purchased in last Saturday...wonder if I should call them...?

14. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

15. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

Mine is not their either--but the registration is in their system so I'm guessing it just is not associated with my Apple ID--so I guess I will blame ATT for that. Seems you can call them to get it sorted out but I may just hang on to the receipt in case I need to use it and they can sort it out at the Apple Store if I should need to see them for something. (I have a 4S bought in April)

16. armoredsaint thread starter macrumors regular

armoredsaint

17. jbiz macrumors member

i went and bought appleCare+ at the store, and the contract says valid thru sept 18th 2014...

i asked them why, since the phone was not even available until the 21st, and they said that was the processing date and that is how it works.. seems like BS to me.. granted its only 3 days short, but since clearly no one had the phone until the 21st release date, (which they can confirm with delivery notification from UPS if they really wanted for mine).. seems unfair to short the warranty..

I have not called appleCare yet, but curious if anyone has the same issue and was able to get it resolved?

18. close2reality macrumors 6502

applecare is the smartest thing you can do. its basically allowing you to buy two more iphones for $100 over the next 2 years. thats $200 to never have to buy a case, and to be able to have a brand new phone at any given time..twice.

enjoy your phone naked.

19. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

Exact reason I got it....and if my iPhone is rough before resale then oops I shattered my screen

20. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I work for Rogers, and I have a couple questions/comments for you.

1) Why would you spend $35 dollars to get it replaced when you can just go to an Apple retail store and do it for free. If you live far from an Apple store then I sort of understand but still, I'd rather have Apple mail a replacement over the phone than have to pay for the replacement.

2) Your 1 yr warranty is actually with Apple, Rogers just helps with it since we can send the phone out for repair if needed. There's no obligation at all to go through Rogers for warranty purposes. The best thing about Apple is that you actually have a store to go to and a helpful company over the pone to do warranty stuff.

Back on topic: I got AppleCare+ for my iPhone as well for the sole reason of not buying a case. I love using the phone without any case on, and the money I used to spend on cases to just sit in my closet after a month I'd rather put toward the piece of mind that I can get a new phone for $50 bucks.

21. HaroldStewar macrumors newbie

22. armoredsaint thread starter macrumors regular

armoredsaint

FYi - still nothing as of today showing where my AC+ was added. :rolleyes:

23. armoredsaint thread starter macrumors regular

armoredsaint

AC+ finally updated on their website today - only took about 7 days:cool:

24. pnoyblazed macrumors 6502a

so if you don't have ac+, and you need to do an out of warranty swap, what does Apple charge to replace the iPhone 5 with a refurb?

iPhone 4 = $149+tax
    iPhone 4S = $199+tax
    iPhone 5 = ?