Bought from ATT in-store, exchange from Apple, can I return the phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by agoat, Jul 15, 2010.

1. agoat macrumors regular

Hey guys,

I need help clarifying return procedure. It late and I can't call ATT, hoping someone in similar situation could help me. I bought the phone from ATT in-store. I had it exchange from Apple, the replacement still have the reception problem along with new problems. Can I return the phone? It have a different serial number now and I still have my genius bar replacement confirmation paper.

Also this phone was an add in line, so if I return the phone does this mean I lose the number? I would like to keep this line. Just returning the phone until everything get better then I rebuy.

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I'm doing exactly that. I called the manager to make sure it was ok.

3. agoat thread starter macrumors regular

Just to update, called up ATT. Told me as an add in line, to get my upgrade eligibility restore I have to completely cancel the add in line. I can keep the number and get the return only if I accept the two years contract and wait two years before I can upgrade again.

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

So you can return but you're stuck with a 2 year contract?

5. agoat thread starter macrumors regular

Only if you buy the phone as add in line and want to keep the number, you lose your upgrade until contract expire. Cancel the add in line contract entirely, you lose the number, you get your money back.