Bought ipad 2 wifi 64gb today at bestbuy with 4.3.3

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by iSIILENT, Sep 14, 2011.

1. iSIILENT macrumors regular

Wow i guess i got lucky... i have my iphone jailbroken , now with the ipad 2 am gonna go insane ... where should i begin ... :D if i jailbreak and something goes wrong later on and have to reset the ipad would i be able to revert back to 4.3.3.

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

jailbreakme.com then launch cydia to save your shsh. So you will be able to restore it to 4.3.3

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

apple isn't signing 4.3.3 anymore so he won't be able to save his SHSH blobs to revert back to 4.3.3.

4. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

No.

Any SHSH saved today will be 4.3.5, because that's all that Apple is signing. So if a restore is needed, the OP will be stuck on 4.3.5. When saving SHSH, whatever firmware is on your device is irrelevant. ONLY blobs for the firmware that Apple is currently signing will be saved.

To the OP: Jailbreak, by all means. But you'll need to be careful not to need a restore, which means being cautious about what you put on the device, researching about tweaks ahead of time to avoid obvious conflicts, etc.

5. DJBBOX, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011

DJBBOX macrumors regular

DJBBOX

deleted. posted the wrong info thinking it an iPad not an iPad 2

6. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

Congratulations! I was lucky as well! My 32GB from Best Buy had 4.3.3! Use the directions in the previous post to jailbreak your device! You will not be able to go back to 4.3.3 if you have to restore!

iFaith does not work for iPad 2!

7. DJBBOX, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011

DJBBOX macrumors regular

DJBBOX

deleted. posted the wrong info thinking it an iPad not an iPad 2

8. iSIILENT thread starter macrumors regular

ok am lost, so is there or there is not a way to save the shsh blob?, so tinyumbrella works with ipad 2?.... on ifaith i dont see he option to create a custom ipsw

9. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Please READ before replying to posts of this kind. I know you're trying to be helpful. But you're wrong on all counts, which wastes people's time & causes issues with their devices.

TU CANNOT save 4.3.3 now. Period. It does not save what is on the device, but only what Apple is currently signing, and right now that's 4.3.5. And again--iFaith does NOT work at all for the iPad 2 because it's a wholly different chipset without the exploits used in the iPad 1 or current iPhones. It cannot be used to create a custom ipsw in this case.

There is absolutely no way for someone with an iPad 2 to get 4.3.3 blobs at this time. Please stop spreading misinformation about this.

10. DJBBOX macrumors regular

DJBBOX

sorry about that guys. i should have read the whole tread before posting. bare with me i was replying from my iPhone. i Faith is the only app that supports saving shsh blobs for current versions regardless of apple signing them or not but it uses Limera1n exploit. iPad 2 jailbreak uses a different exploit making it incompatible at this time

11. str8spd2001 macrumors regular

str8spd2001

Can you guys who just bought the iPad 2 with 4.3.3 tell me what's the 4th letter of your serial number? Thanks.