iPad mini Bought iPad Mini (Best buy:last week): How to get BTS $50 now?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by johnjey, Jul 2, 2013.

1. johnjey macrumors regular

Is returning this Ipad Mini on which i have a 30$ protective cover and some cool free apps bought last week from Best Buy my only option ? So that i can order a new one from Apple store to get a $50 gift card ?

it's 30$ protective screen vs $50 gift card lol.....peeling off and re-applying that on the (let's say get a new one from Apple) seems cumbersome..

2. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

As I recall you have to buy from Apple to get the card. So yes. If you try to return iPad without card they will take $50 value off return so that won't work either

3. johnjey thread starter macrumors regular

Umm...well i am NOT talking about returning an IPad to Apple...i was referring about giving back my IPad to Best Buy but the catch is i applied a 30$ cover on it :( ==> so how to get the best of both the worlds now..lol for 20$ difference

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Is $50 really worth it? Just forget about it. You're going to have to deal with a restocking fee and the screen protector won't be as good as the first time you apply it.

5. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I agree. Forget about it. Way more trouble than its worth. Enjoy your new iPad.

6. SilverOath macrumors member

You could always goto Best Buy and and ask if they will match Apple's deal (50 off, or maybe a 50 BB GC). If they think you might really return it (they have no restocking fee) they may do something like that. I'd generally found managers negotiable on open box items - and they do have a price match policy so it may be worth the trip...

Near me the Apple Store is in the same Mall Complex as the Best Buy ... it's easy to say "hey I'll go over to the next building over and get it from Apple, 50 is a lot of cash for me".

7. johnjey thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the advice, but the place where i am buried in right now has the closest apple store at 253 miles :( , but i think i will go to BestBuy today to give it a shot....a 50$ gift Card from them shall be good enough for me

8. phr0ze macrumors 6502a

I was able to buy itunes cards with BB gift card so either way you are good.

BTW: why pay for overpriced screen covers? And just find some kind of flaw with it and return the screen cover.

9. johnjey thread starter macrumors regular

Sadly once the screen cover is peeled off its packaging and used, they DON't take it back :(

I took it for added protection for the Ipad mini screen considering that it may get shattered or scratched -- i always get a screen protector....

----------

How did you get the BB card ? By returning them your ipAD ? they agreed?

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Find some kind of flaw? Jesus Christ. It's $50 and he already said he got a free $30 cover so really, it's $20 because he'd have to buy a cover himself.

It's so not worth the hassle.

11. SilverOath macrumors member

I'm pretty sure he didn't get it free. He was just considering the 'loss' of an applied screen cover -- however, he noted he could re-apply it to the new iPad.

Everyones perspective on what is or is not worth the hassle varies. If you have a great job its very likely not worth your time. On the other hand if you're a student who has little or no income, you might value the money more over your time (assuming you have spare time).

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

But I have a great job and I value $50. I'm saying the drive (he is far from BB) and time isn't worth it. That's all.