Bought iPhone 4 in July - Apple Site Shows Eligible For Full Upgrade -White iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JohnMKeynes, Apr 27, 2011.

1. JohnMKeynes macrumors member

I am really tempted to get the white iPhone. For some reason Apple and At&t website are indicating that I have full upgrade available. It's been the case even right after I bought my iPhone 4 in July. So should I go ahead in buy the white iPhone 4 and just sell my black iPhone 4? Currently have the 32 GB version.

Can someone provide some pros and cons? I know the iPhone 5 is coming around approximately four months away. Should I go ahead and wait or simply purchase the white iPhone with my upgrade?

2. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

I think you pointed out the biggest "con" yourself. The iPhone 5 will likely come out soon. If not in the next few months, then in the next year for sure.

I'd honestly keep your upgrade until then. The iPhone 5 will likely come in white anyway. :)

3. iFiend macrumors 65816

I really don't understand these threads. No offense OP, but why do people need strangers on the Internet to make decisions for them?

If you want it, buy it. If you don't, wait.

4. sbddude macrumors 6502a

IMHO, switching color to a white one is a waste of an upgrade. It's really the same phone after all.

Get a white case and call it a day.

5. JohnMKeynes thread starter macrumors member

I am looking for the benefits of maybe buying it now? Obviously the cons are apparent but maybe get some insight on other factors that might sway my decision to buying?

Also maybe people who are planning on buying the white iPhone 4 are planning to sell their black iPhone? Maybe give me an idea of how much I could sell it for?

6. iFiend macrumors 65816

I get that, and it's really not you, just find these threads ridiculous :)

My personal opinion? BUY IT. I want one badly and would in your shoes. When the ip5 comes out sell the white to offset the cost if you want to upgrade.

7. JohnMKeynes thread starter macrumors member

I guess something insides me tells me somehow this current 'bug' to be eligible for a full upgrade will somehow be also available in September/October. Yes I know, wishful thinking.

8. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Its the same exact phone as your current one. I would use that upgrade for something different.

9. iFiend macrumors 65816

Now THAT is ridiculous :) That will not happen so of you're getting it based on that don't.

If you like the white GET IT!

10. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

Some people are indecisive. I don't think there is anything wrong with asking if you can't make up your mind.

11. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

The iPhone 5 will probably be coming out in the early September event Apple holds.

There's no point of getting an iPhone 4 unless you can't survive without one..

I'm still using my iPhone 3G and patiently waiting for the iPhone 5. I skipped 3GS and 4, so waiting a few more months shouldn't be that bad.

12. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Why would you waste your "upgrade" to get the same exact phone?

Don't be dumb.

13. wenstinator macrumors member

if that upgrade price was available right after your initial purchase in July, you wasted 9 months. you should have taken advantage of it right away and sold the phone (profiting at AT&T's expense). every month you wait, that upgrade is wasting away. this is why AT&T recently changed its early upgrade policy because of the potential for people to profit from it.

14. iFiend macrumors 65816

Once you get your 2 year price of $199/$299 you get one additional upgrade at $299/$399. At least I did when I sold my 16gb to get a free 32gb ;)

15. Weiser878 macrumors regular

Except that now that early upgrade is $349/449 :mad: since they went up about 3 weeks ago