Bought iPhone couple of days ago, need to hear some good stories!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cakiman11, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Cakiman11 macrumors newbie

Ok, so i bought the iPhone, at a local At&t store, didn't have them in stock so they told me more would arrive this week. So far, I have heard mixed stories, and yes, I did order it knowing the reception issues. I need to hear some nice stories from the iP4, from people that even having the heavily commented problems, are enjoying their phone. Looking past those issues, i'm really worried about scratches, since I've heard that the screen scratches easily. This phone will spend a lot of time in my pocket, not with keys of course.

2. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

i can't say that i see what people are talking about with reception issues :p , then again i have a bumper on mine since day one...

i LOVE my phone. the screen is gorgeous .. it's SO fast (compared to my old 3g iphone) being able to record video! and everything runs alot smoother on it :) and cant forget facetime . phone is alot of fun.

3. DMC0921 macrumors newbie

Don't be afraid. It will be ok. When you get it just use it and enjoy it. Chances are you will have no issues (like me so far). If you start to have problems, don't freak out - just go exchange it. I dropped mine about 4 feet onto concrete with no damage.

You will be amazed at the speed and beauty of it - trust me. Just use it and enjoy it. You will be glad you did.

4. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Well it looks really nice, just dont drop it......on anything :p

5. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

While I have had my iPhone for only a couple of days I have nothing but good things to say. While I can replicate the bars dropping I haven't had any other issues. The screen is amazing and I think that you will really enjoy it. For some reason I seem to be able to type faster on the new phone, lol. I moved from a 3G so the speed is really incredible. If you are moving from the 3GS then I'm not sure what your experience will be, probably a little faster. I do plan on getting some type of protector just not sure which one yet, still looking around. The battery seems to be really good also. I think you'll enjoy your purchase. If all else fails you can return it.

6. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Well, I am suffering from the reception issues (it goes all the way to no service at my house when held) I have a bumper and dealing with it for now, hoping apple will fix it.

That being said, I'm really enjoying the phone (Thad why it's not being returned) The screen is incredible and the speed is really nice. I also find myself shooting more videos of my son (he's 3 1/2) and editing on the fly to post on YouTube so my wife who is away right now can see them. And glass breaking aside, the phone seems more durable than the previous versions. My phone is now 2 1/2 weeks old an not a single scratch *knocks on wood*, where as my 3G had scratches on the back after one day. So you really shouldn't worry too much about scratches, though I still worry about dropping it and breaking the glass.

7. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Mine broke. :(

Just kidding. I love my phone. Super fast, speaker loud and clear, screen is beautiful. I even made a couple android owners go, WOW.

8. teezee09 macrumors member

Every time I pick up my phone I'm pleasantly surprised by how beautiful the screen is. I really hope the awe doesn't wear off and I don't see it happening any time soon. I also just went a full 2 days (2 days and 4 hours of standby) on a single charge. I've had an iPhone since the original became available to apple employees (worked there the summer of the launch) and drama aside, I think this is the beat iPhone yet. Enjoy your new toy!

9. Cakiman11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nice! its good to hear some nice stories in all of this chaos, i'm pretty sure i'll enjoy my phone, it's my first iphone, and before that I had a old Blackberry Curve which I love, but i'm sure that with all of the new features the iPhone is going to provide to me, i'm not going to miss it, just the "real" keyboard.

10. appleg33k macrumors member

cancel the order and get a 3GS instead. nuff said.

Apple fanboys, GO!

11. fender57 macrumors 6502

I can replicate the death grip issue but haven't had any "real life" issues with the antenna. I've had a bumper since the beginning but i took it off today and all's well. Have no fear, it is an outstanding smart phone.

12. EDF macrumors member

Word is the newer ones are improving on those issues.

13. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

You will love the phone. Small piece or advice: As others have said, just use it normally and enjoy. Don't go over it with a microscope or stand in a cave while doing a headstand and holding your phone with your teeth trying to replicate issues.

If you have problems in the normal course of using it, I recommend calling AppleCare first rather than going in store. In my opinion as a customer they are better in dealing with "problems" than geniuses.

14. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

It's an awesome phone in pretty much every way except the little hiccups it has right now. It does pretty much everything else very well. Camera is amazing, screen is amazing, it's fast, and has excellant battery life.

15. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

16. Savor Suspended

Savor

Best Apple product I have ever bought.

Can have some great video recording for late night coitus with a hot chick. LED as a torch helps. Everything is silky smooth.

Don't let this forum make you paranoid. My advice is this - BE YOUR OWN CRITIC. Don't let other people's problems dictate how you should feel with your own personal experiences with a phone. Don't let haters brainwash you. Think and react on your own.

Listen, I'm sorry to hear the iPhone 4 isn't "perfect" for many of you. That still doesn't change how many of us who love the phone. Not really my problem. And I certainly don't look for a problem to make it a problem. This phone may not be for everyone. But it still is for many others.Maybe one of those people will be you. If not, move on. Launch products will likely get problems. Life isn't fair. Get a phone that makes you happy. Right now, the iPhone 4 does that for ME. It is up to YOU to decide if it does the same for YOU.

Don't be some blind sheep like these lovers and haters. Lovers think Steve Jobs is a god. Haters think Apple is some evil empire and want to look "cool" going against the grain when this is a multi-billion dollar company. Whatever to either. Don't care if Jobs is arrogant or richer than any one you. Apple isn't going anywhere. Just when Nintendo looked dead, it came right back with the Wii. Think of these companies like sports teams. Up and down seasons just like in our own life where there is happiness and sadness. Good and bad. In sports, we don't always agree with our team's decisions. Not one team is champion every single year. There is downtime too. When Google becomes just as popular as Apple with Android, guess what? At some point, many people will try to bring it down once it sits on that throne. If the media can crucify Michael Jackson and LeBron James, any new "king" is prone to backlash. This is an instant gratification society we live in. Spoiled, whiny, selfish, impatient...

You can't please everyone in this lifetime.

17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

It is an amazing phone. While I do have the antenna issue, I put a case on it and it is working great. No other problems.

18. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

Don't worry about bars. Just use it and enjoy.

19. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

Well mine is perfect, had it for 2 days and its great, prox sensor is fine, no reception, screen , or camera issues.

20. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

They can have my iPhone 4 when they pry it from my cold dead fingers!

It actually is a great piece of computer kit.

Put it in a case you will not regret it come next year and you want to trade it in on an iPhone 5 and want top dollar.