Bought iPhone online, return to Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bryanc28, Jan 30, 2012.

1. bryanc28 macrumors 6502

bryanc28

I bought an iPhone 4 on the Apple Online Store last March. My home button has been getting "stuck" (it's really hard to explain & it ticks me off since I take very good care of my phone, or thought I did). Do I have to send my phone back to the online store or can I just make an appointment with my local Apple Store & hope they can replace it? I've just about had it with the home button not working.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Yes you can take it to an Apple Store. They will service it for you with no problem. Is it still under AppleCare warranty? If not, you may hve to pay for service.

3. bryanc28 thread starter macrumors 6502

bryanc28

Ugh, I didn't get AppleCare on my 4 (I did get it on my 4s), but I bought it the beginning of March, so less than a year ago.

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Standard warranty is 1 year, so you are good to go.

5. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

Maybe I'm lucky, because the last time that happened to my iPhone 4, they replaced it for me with a refurbished one.

6. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

you can still purchase Apple Care before your year warrantee expires.