Bought new touch, downloaded 1.14, where are my new icons?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by camholms, Jun 16, 2008.

1. camholms macrumors newbie

2. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

If you didn't get the apps automatically on your new iPod touch then you can contact apple and they will give you a voucher for the applications so that you can obtain them for free.

3. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Depends, OP: when did you buy your ipod?

EDIT: DOH! is it new to you, or new out of the store?
    if it is new to you, you need to buy the jan software update, but if it is brand new, apple should give you a voucher for the apps

4. camholms thread starter macrumors newbie

WTF? What I thought all new touches had this apps on them? I have the box with John Lenon on it? I downloaded the 1.14 update to it.

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Not all iPod touches have the January Software update applied - even the John Lennon ones. iPod touches that were delivered from Apple before the upgrade was announced do not have it pre-loaded and because of this Apple either reduced the price of the old ones as was the case here or issued a free voucher to download them. Either way you had to buy the January Software Upgrade from the iTunes Store, Apple just lets you do it for "free."

There are many iPod touches out there still in the box without 1.1.4 and the January Upgrade. Here those model numbers end in /A whereas the updated ones end in /B.

6. Resist macrumors 68030

You are confused. John Lenon boxed Touch's came out before last Christmas and they didn't have the new apps.

7. thewind21 macrumors newbie

I just got a new touch with the John Lennon box and it has all the new app eg maps, stocks etc

I would agree with the above, if you've just bought it from Apple, I'd be demanding I get the updates free if they're not already on there

8. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Unfortunately at this time, even if Apple did grant you a voulcher for the purchase of the 'January Software Upgrade' so that you can obtain the package for free,
    you physically cannot buy it.

The Janurary Software Upgrade has been completely pulled from distribution on iTunes in light of the new 2.0 software upgrade coming to iPod touch and
    iPhone on July 11th 2008.

The January Software Upgrade is no longer available to devices which don't have it pre-installed at purchase. Model numbers ending in /B have the upgrade
    pre-installed. Models ending in /A do not. You will find the model number of your iPod touch on your dispatch e-mail from Apple.com

I suggest you Contact Apple and ask them to swap it out for a /B model.

R-Fly

9. pisces03x macrumors regular

My friend also has an iPod touch with version 1.1.4 and he too refused to get the software update.
    Here's hoping that, when they stick 2.0 on iTunes, that there will at least be a mention to a new link where you can get the 1.1.3 update.

10. Bwilky macrumors regular

I just got John Lennon box 3 days ago. Apple Store Vancouver is new and has all new stock. So I got the update. If you got it from a apple store call them for a voucher or call apples 1-800 number. If you paid full price you should get your new features :)

11. Nickelz92 macrumors member

As you stated in the other thread, I would definetly see this as evidence that the JSU will be bundled in the normal 2.0 or possibly a $15-20 bundle.