Bought the older MBP right before the new ones came out. can i upgrade?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Drtydzn12, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Drtydzn12 macrumors newbie

Here's my situation, i bought this Macbook Pro about 2 and a half weeks ago. It's the unibody with 2.4ghz and 2gb ram. I'm looking at apple store right now and they're offering a way better MBP at the price I paid for it. ($1999)

My question is, is there a program where I can upgrade to the newer spec Macbook Pro? I didn't buy it from Apple store either, I bought it from the Navy Exchange. Please help, I really want the better spec MBP lol.

2. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

Sorry, but once you're out of the 14 day return period, there's nothing you can (usually) do. If you know someone who works at Apple, maybe they can do something for you.

3. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

No, the only way to do it is to sell yours at a loss and buy a new one by paying the difference out of your own pocket. Expect to lose at least $200-$400, so around 10-20%, which is what a restocking fee would be anyway.

Otherwise you can just enjoy what you have, it's still the same machine it was when you fell in love with it the first time.

4. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

5. amoda macrumors 6502a

If you had bought it from Apple you'd have a fighting chance, but since you didn't there is nothing you can really do. Try talking to Navy Exchange, I'm not familiar with the store though.

Apple won't do anything though, so if the NE doesn't do anything you're out luck.

Like others mentioned though, your machine is a beast and some, like my self, prefer it over the new model.