Bought two in at the Omaha Apple Store yesterday, both with BAD screens

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Hecklerdanny, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Hecklerdanny macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

This problem is obviously VERY widespread. Blacks looks so bad and strange on these things, you almost can't watch video on them. Seriously, it's that bad. I'm not one to complain until the problem is to the point where it can't be overlooked. Well, these screen are to that point. Blacks on them are gray/shiney, negative space type of colors. WOW it's bad. To make it halfway acceptable you have to hold it at a strange "tilted-up" angle, not even looking at it straight on.

Has anyone contacted Apple about this yet? If so, have you gotten anywhere with them? We've got to get this figured out.

Can someone please respond who's talked with Apple about this and let me/us know what you've got figured out?

2. balwx macrumors regular

wow, very disappointing. i will be delaying my purchase for now. on a serious note, what are everyones views on apple quality control of this product?

3. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

i second all that, i dont usually complain either, but the screen hurts my eyes to watch dark video on this thing

4. AppleFan08 macrumors member

Yes it is very widespread...and Apple knows it. I am on the phone right now calling about my neg black touch screen, and i got transferred to a "dedicated ipod touch technical support line." A lot of people must be calling in...

5. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

6. metalarmed macrumors member

Maybe if we all call, we'll hear a direct response from apple regarding the problem. lol :p

7. balwx macrumors regular

Do you folks think apple would release these knowing about this problem?