Carrier Bought Verizon Note 4 a few months ago, want to switch to iPhone 6S, how can I?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by melman101, Jan 8, 2016.

1. melman101 macrumors 68030

Hey all,
    A few months ago a buddy of mine bought his wife a Note 4. Since then, he has decided himself to switch to an iPhone 6S Plus. Now he's fully invested into the ecosystem of Apple. He bought his wife a new MacBook, but sadly she still has the Note 4. How can he optimally return the Note 4 and switch to the iPhone 6S? He paid in full for the Note 4 he says.

He, himself, used the Apple Upgrade Program. What would be the cheapest option? Gazelle is giving a crap amount for the Note 4. Is there any way he can go to Verizon and trade it in or what not?

Just looking for options.

Mel

2. gurase macrumors regular

I hope she actually wants a new phone. Switching her to an iPhone simply because he wants them all in the ecosystem seems selfish.

The cheapest option would probably be selling the Note 4 on ebay or swappa and then buying a used 6s on one of those sites. That requires some more effort and due diligence though. Unless Verizon is doing a trade in promo, they probably won't offer much for the Note 4 either, plus there are plenty of stories of people not getting their money and/or wrongly being charged for a non-returned device.

3. melman101 thread starter macrumors 68030

She originally wanted an iPhone and he resisted because he had an Android. Now he has an iPhone and has realized how much better he likes it so he wants to make her happy too.

4. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

There aren't a lot of options.

It sounds like she already has Verizon as her carrier so the only option is to buy the 6s thru Apple or wherever she chooses and sell the Note 4 on eBay, Craigslist, swappa, etc.

5. melman101 thread starter macrumors 68030

Yeah that's my guess too.

6. rockitdog macrumors 68020

1. A Note 4 and a MacBook can coexist together without issues, I've done it.
    2. A Note 4 is not going to get much money because it's now last-generation and the Note 5 is the class of Phablets.
    3. Swappa.com will dictate the amount you will be able to get.
    4. Apple's payment plan is the best bet.

7. melman101 thread starter macrumors 68030

1. Definitely can, however, how can they get text messages from the Android phone to the Mac like you can do with the iPhone?