Bought VZW 4S For Gift, But Have To Activate Before Christmas?

Erob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2010
Danville, AL
Yesterday I bought a Verizon Wireless iPhone 4S for my sister as a Christmas present. The device is supposed to be shipped to the store within a few days and will be ready for pickup.

The plan was to get the device, wrap it, and give it to her on Christmas, but a Verizon Wireless employee told me that I had to activate the phone within 5 days or I would start being charged. Is there any truth to this? If so, I guess I will be giving her the phone early, unfortunately.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
I'm not even sure if they'd let you walk out of the store without activating it first. Call up Verizon again and confirm this.

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
Yesterday I bought a Verizon Wireless iPhone 4S for my sister as a Christmas present. The device is supposed to be shipped to the store within a few days and will be ready for pickup.

The plan was to get the device, wrap it, and give it to her on Christmas, but a Verizon Wireless employee told me that I had to activate the phone within 5 days or I would start being charged. Is there any truth to this? If so, I guess I will be giving her the phone early, unfortunately.
Or just cancel your order and order again in mid Dec, you haven't even received it yet so should be simple

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.